JUROR & JUDGE OF AWARDS: Bethany Fields
BIO: Bethany Fields is an American contemporary artist working in pastel. She has gained recent national recognition with exhibits at the Salmagundi Club, The National Arts Club, both in NYC, and the Butler Institute of American Art in Ohio. She regularly hosts and teaches workshops around the country and is a signature member of the Pastel Society of America, Degas Pastel Society, American Women Artists and is a Master Circle member of IAPS (International Association of Pastel Societies). She is also a member of the American Impressionist Society. Bethany has featured in the press multiple times, including in Pastel Journal magazine and Southwest Art Magazine.
• Only digital images of original paintings will be accepted.
• No work from copyrighted images will be accepted. Written permission to use a reference photograph by someone other than the artist must be obtained for the painting to comply with copyright laws and PSC requirements.
• If used in your paintings, collage materials must be created by the artist.
• All artwork must be at least 80% soft pastel
• Work completed under supervision in a class or workshop is not eligible.
• Paintings must have been completed within the last two years.
• Paintings shown in any other Pastel Society of Colorado show are not eligible. Any painting identified as shown previously in a PSC exhibition will be rejected and if identified after the jury process, the artist will not be able to enter another PSC show for 2 years.
• Paintings do not have to be for sale.
For PSC members up to 3 paintings may be submitted for $25, 4 for $35, or 5 paintings for $45. For non-members up to 3 paintings may be submitted for $35, 4 for $45, or 5 paintings for $55.
The entry fee is non-refundable and must be paid at time of entry. Payment for the show can be made using either your PayPal account or a credit card after selecting SUBMIT.
DIRECTIONS FOR ENTERING THAT’S AMORE:
Prepare your images. The images must be formatted according to the following specifications:
• File Format: jpg (jpeg) only
• File Dimensions: The image should be 1920 pixels on the longest side; let the other dimension fall where it does proportionally (dpi doesn’t matter, only the number of pixels).
• Name the jpg (or jpeg) file: The file must be labeled with the first 2 letters of the show (TA, a period) followed by the first 4 letters of your last name, first 4 letters of your first name, and the entry number (ie. David Jones 1st entry would be TA.JoneDavi1.jpeg, the 2nd entry would be TA.JoneDavi2.jpeg).
Browse to find and select your images to attach them to the entry form.
Submit the form (it will send your information to email@example.com)
You agree that any paintings accepted into the show may be used for PSC advertising and marketing to promote the show and future shows.
QUESTIONS: Our show chairs are Sarah St. George and Jeannette Stutzman and may be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org