Thank you for your interest in IADA, the Independent Automotive Damage Appraisers Association. Please fill out the following application to begin the process of electing you to membership. Once your application is completed, an IADA officer will be in touch with further information as your application is processed.
Earn, Learn, Network, and Expand - IADA's mission is to serve and support every member of the independent auto damage appraiser profession, to help every member of our professional community achieve success, and to ensure the lasting respect and reputation that our esteemed profession deserves.
Membership makes it possible to grow your revenue, your professional skillset, your training and experience resume, your essential network of professional connections, and most importantly, your BUSINESS!
IADA is a nonprofit trade association, and our chief source of funding is through the support of our members, who pay yearly membership dues. In addition to our mission of serving every member of the independent auto damage appraiser profession, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits to our members to repay your support.
Since our founding in 1947, the greatest benefit to being an IADA member has always been sharing in the reputation for skill, excellence, and knowledge that defines IADA. As any professional knows, the value of reputation and networking cannot be overestimated, and that has always been at the core of what IADA offers to our members.
Over the last 75 years, hundreds of appraisers have gone on to achieve great fortune and business success owing to connections, knowledge, and lifelong friendships they gained through membership in IADA. IADA members have served as chairmen of I-CAR and other high level organizations within our industry. Several large nation-wide IA firms were founded, or continue to be operated, by current or former IADA members.
For almost a century, IADA has set the standard for auto damage appraisal, and our elite reputation within the industry is second to none. By supporting IADA as a member, you can share in this reputation, and set yourself above the competition as an elite appraisal professional.
In addition we provide the following benefits and opportunities, a list that is always expanding as we find new ways to serve our community. All benefits apply to you and any employees or appraisers working under you:
· Listing in the exclusive IADA claim portal and the official IA directory. Our website and claim portal are visited by thousands of insurance company and claims administrator reps every year to get direct referrals to IADA members for their claim needs.
· On average, our members receive $4000 to $8000 in additional revenue through our claim portal alone.
· IADA markets on your behalf, bringing new clients and additional assignments to you through our claim portal and through direct referrals.
· Become eligible (but not required) to enroll in IADA’s highly cost effective Errors and Omissions, and General Liability insurance policy. The premium for this policy is paid separately from membership dues in the amount of $150 per $100,000 of your gross revenue. We also have a cyber security insurance add-on available on request.
· Free access to several exclusive virtual training courses throughout the year, for 2021 this is including but not limited to the following topics: New Technology in Collision Repair, Refinishing Procedures, Sectioning and Structural damage, Electrical systems and Supplementary Restraint Systems
· Attend yearly IADA conferences and other events to network with the elite of our industry including: leading insurance companies, claims administrators, IA firms, education providers, and more. (Please note that as of January 2021 future conferences are pending the status of the covid pandemic)
· Access to the full knowledge of our membership, guidance and support from veterans of the industry. Want to know how to expand your IA business? What direction to go in next? How to improve your skillset? What’s the next step in your career journey? There is no better source of knowledge than your fellow IADA members.
· Receive discounts on software and services including NADA valuations, CarFax reports, Audatex products, WeGoLook, TruckWriter heavy truck estimating platform and Duncan RV estimating platform. This list is constantly expanding!
· 24/7 administrative support from IADA staff including: Appraisal consultation, estimate review, remote IT support, and administrative assistance. In addition, IADA can help you build and maintain a website and social media presence for your company.
· Discounts on education including:
· Exclusive IADA scholarship for Vale Training Solutions courses including auto appraisal, heavy truck appraisal, and property courses.
· Discount on IADA advanced auto damage training courses (coming March 2021)
· Become part of IADA’s legacy and share in our 75 year reputation for excellence, skill, and knowledge. IADA members are renowned throughout the nation as the most highly skilled damage professionals in the industry.
· Help shape the future of our profession and our industry. Members are eligible to run for a leadership position in IADA’s board of directors, to have a direct hand in leading the IA profession for years to come.
If you have any questions please contact
Pete Sheehan jr, Executive Vice President
(855) 289-8684 ext 701