WHAT JUDGES CAN EXPECT
You will attend the contest to interview the students and view projects. You will use the NHD online judging system to complete your evaluations, written comments, and rankings. You will need a computer with internet access, preferably a laptop that you can bring to the contest.
NHD offers five creative categories for students. You will indicate your category preferences when you sign up.
*Documentary, Website, and Paper judges receive the projects in advance to be viewed before the contest day, then attend the contest to meet with students and complete their judging tasks.
Contest Day Schedules
- 8:00-2:00 First Round Judging (lunch provided)
- 1:00-4:00 Final Round Judging (as needed)
You will specify your availability for first round or both rounds when you sign up. Our contests may vary these schedules depending on local needs. Your local coordinator will provide complete details.
HOW TO SIGN UP
- View contest dates and locations below.
- Click the link to sign up for the contest of your choice. The link will take you to the contest website.
- On the contest homepage, look for the Judge Registration link or select Create Account > Judge.
- If you wish to judge at more than one contest, you will create a judging account for each one. Accounts do not transfer between contests.
- If you are a teacher with competing students, create a different judging account with a distinct username (ex. Jessica.Judge)
- The local contest coordinator will contact you directly a few weeks before your contest.
You are welcome to volunteer for multiple contests. We have learned that TWO DAYS is a reasonable maximum for most people to judge.
Please register only for days that you can commit to judging. We will plan on you at each date you sign up for, so mark your calendar now!