UNIT 1 PROFESSIONAL EXPENSE REIMBURSEMENT FUND
ELIGIBILITY: UNIT 1 MEMBERS WITH SESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS
Instructors who have a full workload appointment (15+ hours per week) are entitled to reimbursement of expenses of $550 per semester to a maximum of $1,100 per academic year.
Instructors who have a reduced-workload sessional appointment (9-14.99 hours per week) are entitled to reimbursement expenses of $425 per semester to a maximum of $850 per academic year.
Funds are limited and paid on a first come first served basis.
Limited to 1 claim per term; all claims must be submitted by June 1, 2021.
This allows two weeks for processing in the event that members are required to resubmitt their claim.
ELIGIBLE PROFESSIONAL EXPENSES:
1) Membership fees in learned societies and professional organizations;
2) Registration fees for meetings of learned societies, other professional organizations, conferences, seminars, workshops and similar professional activities;
3) Travel, accommodations and associated expenses related to meetings, conferences, seminars, workshops, study leave or similar professional activities not covered by or in excess of monies available from other funds for similar purposes. Travel to and from work (including clinical work) are NOT eligible expenses. i.e. NO car rental, gas, mileage, TTC (Presto cards) or GO Transit;
4) Books and subscriptions to scholarly journals;
5) Expenses associated with teaching: Supplies, materials and 50% of internet costs for 5 months per semester to a maximum of 10 months per academic year. You must upload the summary page containing the breakdown of internet costs for each month claimed;
6) Electronic devices and software: Computers, laptops, tablets and printers. Cell phones, office equipment and gift cards are NOT eligible expenses.
In order to retain nontaxable status of electronic devices claimed through this fund, the items purchased remain the property of Ryerson University. Therefore you are required to follow Ryerson Purchasing Services procedures for obtaining title before selling or otherwise disposing of the item. CUPE Local 3904 will retain a copy of the claim form(s) as a record of the nature and value of such purchases.
DUE TO A HIGH VOLUME OF CLAIMS WE ASK THAT MEMBERS DO NOT CONTACT THE CUPE OFFICE STAFF FOR UPDATES.
Only online claims submitted through the online portal are accepted;
No hard copies or email copies of claims, invoices and/or receipts are accepted;
Banking information must be uploaded in electronic format to the online form where specified in order to receive a reimbursement of funds;
Receipts must be uploaded in electronic format to the online form where specified in order for the claim to be considered for reimbursement;
Claims can be submitted from September 1 to November 30 for the fall semester;
Claims can be submitted from February 1 to June 01 for the fall and winter semesters.
All payments will be made by electronic funds transfer (EFT) within 6 weeks.
CUPE Local 3904
350 Victoria Street, POD 156B Ryerson University, Toronto, ON M5B 2K3