The Colonel Brown Scholarship is funded by a bequest from Colonel William (Bill) Brown, a 1938 Mound High School graduate. His desire was to help worthy students with the financial obligations of their post-secondary education.
The Scholarship is for $5,000 renewable for three additional years (for a total scholarship of $20,000).
The recipient of this scholarship will be required to provide a transcript to the committee after each grading period and must maintain at least a 2.75 GPA on a 4 point system and demonstrate adequate progress toward completion of the program.
Application for this scholarship includes:
1. Completion of this application (MWHS Guidance Counselors can help access the form and it can also be found online at www.westonka277foundation.org.
2. Applications strongly preferred through jotform. If not completed here, please type and if you need to hand-write an application, please print in ink.
3. Sharing a high school transcript with the Committee from Skyward (if possible) and give the Committee permission to request that the high school provide a current transcript. If you are a PSEO student, also provide a transcript of your PSEO grandes with the application (if those grades are not reflected in Skyward).
4. Providing one or two letters of recommendation, utilizing the separate jotform recommendation form, from a school staff member and/or from a non-family member who knows you well (e.g., employers, pastors, scout leader, coaches all qualify)-these letters are due by March 1, 2021--the application is due on Feb. 19, 2021.
5. All applications, not finished through jotform, must be postmarked no later than Feb. 19, 2021, and should be mailed to: Westonka District 277 Foundation Colonel Brown Scholarship Committee PO Box 370 Mound, MN 55364
6. All applications through Jotform must be submitted by 5:00 pm CST, on Feb. 19, 2021.
Late applications are not eligible for consideration.
If you have questions, you can email the committee at email@example.com.