JURYING APPLICATION PROCESS
1. The annual jurying sessions are now held in April starting 2021 – dates are announced in the SCC e-news and posted on the SCC website. Jury session will be held in person and online using Zoom at the the requst of the applicant. The deadline for the annual jury session is February 15th. Individual jurying sessions are offered throughout the year provided the applicant covers SCC costs. For more information contact Alexa Hainsworth, SCC Member Services Coordinator, at: 306- 653-3616 ext. 1 or email: email@example.com.
2. SCC will send information regarding general and media specific jurying criteria to the craftsperson upon receipt of the membership fee and/or upon request. Fees apply to boost membership to Professional category or for payment of interim jury sessions.
3. A deadline will be set for receipt of jurying applications, and applicants will be informed of their jurying interview date March 5. Complimentary Jury sessions in April upon completion of application delivered to the SCC by February 15th.
4. On the jurying interview date, submitted material must include at least 12 samples with an itemized list that should include: materials, pricing, and customer care instructions if required. The applicant should submit examples of the products they wish to market or works that they would like feedback on.
5. The applicant is strongly encouraged to meet in person or online with the jurors on the jurying interview date to discuss their work. Should the applicant not be able to meet with the jurors, submitted materials must be shipped and insured both ways at the applicant’s expense.
6. All applicants will be informed verbally at the interview as to the decision of the jurors; and in writing within one week after the jurying takes place.
7. The decision of the Jurors is final. No appeals will be accepted.