Contractor approval process
1. The contractor must complete this application and upload supporting documentation to the Greene County HOME Program. If preferred, you may mail, hand deliver, or email the supporting documentation in lieu of uploading the documents. Documentation can be mailed to:
Greene County HOME Program
93 E. High Street, Suite 215
Waynesburg, PA 15370
2. The contractor must furnish evidence of comprehensive liability insurance coverage, to include but not limited to, bodily injury including death and any damages arising out of the work performed by the contractor, per this agreement. Coverage shall be a minimum of one million dollars ($1,000,000) per occurrence for bodily injury one million dollars ($1,000,000) per occurrence for property damage. All contractors must contact their insurance carrier to request that a certificate of insurance coverage be sent to the county verifying the contractor's liability insurance coverage.
3. The contractor must furnish evidence of Workman’s Compensation insurance.
4. EPA Renovation, Repair, and Painting Lead certification is a federal requirement for this program. If you have a valid lead certification, please send a copy with the application. If you do not currently have a lead certificate but are willing to obtain one, please check “Yes” to the corresponding question in the application.
5. The contractor must have at least one year of contracting business experience.
6. The contractor must have (or be able to secure) sufficient credit or finances to properly and efficiently conduct business.
7. The contractor must be willing to provide references concerning job performance and quality by request.
8. Approved contractors will be placed on the Greene County HOME Program “Approved Contractor List” that will be provided to homeowners once their application is approved.
9. Projects will be bid out following federal procurement regulations. One such regulation is that all contractors must be registered in the federal System for Award Management (SAM). You do not need to provide evidence of SAM registration when returning this application, but you would need to complete the SAM registration prior to bidding on a project. Registering for SAM is a fairly straightforward no-cost online process, and we can assist with the registration.