1. RELEASED PARTIES DEFINED: The “Released Parties,” for the following event: The ORHA Reining in Oregon #1 are Oregon Reining Horse Association, Oregon Horse Center, National Reining Horse Association, any sponsor of the Event, and any of the above listed companies, officers, directors, employees, shareholders, contractors, affiliates, agents and representatives, (individually and collectively referred to as “Released Parties”). This entire Agreement is referred to as the “ORHA Participation Release.”
2. EXPRESS ACNOWLEDGMENT, ACCEPTANCE AND ASSUMPTION OF RISKS: The undersigned participant is fully aware, completely understands, and accepts that participation in the Event, whether as a contestant, employee, volunteer, exhibitor, sponsor or spectator, is dangerous and that the events and activities associated with, relating to, arising out of, and concerning this participation present substantial, serious, and real risks of personal injury or death to the undersigned participant, and the loss of, damage to, or destruction of the undersigned participant’s personal property. The undersigned participant, by his/her signature below, fully and completely accepts and assumes these substantial, serious, and real risks whether or not apparent, known, unknown, foreseen, unforeseen, present, or contingent, and whether or not caused by any negligence of the Released Parties, or the negligence of any contestant, volunteer or spectator including but not limited to, any negligence associated with the design or designing, staging, supervising, maintaining or in any way presenting, conducting or sponsoring the Event.
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a pandemic by local, state and federal governmental agencies. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. I am aware that I must follow the safety and hygiene protocols that have been implemented by the ORHA or event management and that are posted at the event. I acknowledge and confirm that the ORHA cannot guarantee that I, and any persons attending the event with me (including minors), will not become infected with COVID-19. I further acknowledge and confirm that attending the event could increase the risk that I, and any persons attending the event with me (including minors), have of contracting COVID-19. By signing this document, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that I, and any persons attending the event with me (including minors), may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 when attending the event and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at the event may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, ORHA event staff, event volunteers, participants and others in attendance at the event. I acknowledge that I may be exposed to COVID-19 before or after the event and from interactions that I have away from the event. I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to me, and any persons attending the event with me (including minors), including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, death, illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I and my heirs and personal representatives and any minors I am responsible for who attend the event with me.
3. FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL WAIVER AND RELEASE: Regarding Section 1 and 2 above, which are incorporated into this Section 3, the undersigned participant expressly and completely waives, releases, discharges, holds harmless and otherwise agrees not to sue any of the Released Parties in any manner for any claim, loss or damage, or through any forum, at common law or under any statute, rule, regulation, order or law. The undersigned participant also completely waives, releases, discharges, and otherwise holds harmless any and all Released Parties from any charges, demands, damages, attorney’s fees, costs, or losses or expenses of any kind whether in law or in equity, which he/she could assert for all damages or destruction associated with, relating to, concerning, or arising out of the substantial, serious, and real risks acknowledged, understood, assumed, and expressly accepted in this ORHA Participation Release.
4. ASSURANCES: The undersigned participant has read this ORHA Participation Release, has had an adequate and sufficient opportunity to consider it and have it explained to him or her. The undersigned participant fully understands and agrees that this ORHA Participation Release is to be interpreted and applied in the broadest and most comprehensive manner in favor of the Released Parties. The undersigned participant has full power authority, capacity and right without limitation to sign, deliver and perform this ORHA Participation Release. The undersigned participant further understands, acknowledges, and agrees that he/she is knowingly and voluntarily signing this ORHA Participation Release with full knowledge and understanding of its contents and meaning and with an intent to be bound thereby.
5. BINDING EFFECT: This ORHA Participation Release shall be and is binding upon the undersigned participant and his/her spouse, legal representatives, heirs, successors and assigns. The undersigned agrees that this ORHA Participation Release is governed by the laws of the State of Oregon.