Some required legal stuff!
Rabies, Bordetella and Distemper, canine influenza virus H3N8 and canine influenza virus H3N2, , Lepto Bacterin (MLV) fecal, Lyme Vaccine.
Policies and Procedures
1. REQUIREMENTS: My pet meets the following requirements: He/she is three (3) months of age or older; is spayed or neutered (if over seven (7) months of age); is current on Rabies, Distemper, and Bordetella (dogs only) vaccinations; is in good health and free of fleas and ticks. Unaltered dogs must reserve a private cabin
2. HEALTH: Owners will need to confirm that their pet(s) are healthy and have been free from any condition that could potentially jeopardize other guests. Pets that have been ill with a communicable condition in the last 30 days will require veterinarian certification of health to be admitted. All pets will be examined for signs of fleas or ticks at check-in and will not be admitted to daycare/boarding if fleas or ticks are noticed. This “spot check” is not a foolproof process. If, at any time during care, a pet is noticed to have fleas or ticks, treatment will be applied and charged to the owner for a fee of $30.00. Excessively long toenails may cause injury. I will be notified if my pet’s nails are too long. If, at my next visit, the nails have not been trimmed, Dancing Creek Farm will have them trimmed for a fee of $10.00.
3. PAYMENT: I agree to pay for all services, products, and fees with the credit card number I have provided, or by cash or check at the time of drop off to Dancing Creek Farm. A nonrefundable long-term boarding deposit of one month, plus food is paid in order to hold a reservation. I give permission for Dancing Creek Farm to charge my credit card for any unpaid fees, services, or products. I further agree to pay the cost of any check or debit charges returned or challenged for any reason.
4. VETERINARIAN LIABILITY AND CARE: I agree to allow Dancing Creek Farm to obtain medical treatment for my pet if it appears that he/she is ill, injured, or exhibits any other behavior that would reasonably suggest that my pet may need medical treatment. I agree that I am fully responsible for the cost of any such medical treatment and for the cost of any transportation for the purposes of such treatment.
5. HOURS OF OPERATION: Please respect the posted business hours. Dancing Creek Farm will impose a fee for drop-offs/pick-ups outside of the normal hours. An extra $10 will be added for each additional 15 minute time period before or after the normal hours. *This must be arranged in advance and is subject to staff availability.
6. DEPOSITS: Payment is made ahead as a nonrefundable deposit in order to hold a reservation. Long term of three months or longer require one month plus food charges. Short-term boarding is paid in full for the number of days boarded. If additional days are needed these are billed in the end.
7. CANCELLATION/NO-SHOW POLICY: Deposits and payments are not refundable
8. BEHAVIOR: I understand that aggressive dogs are not permitted to attend Dancing Creek Farm, and that if my dog acts aggressively or exhibits unacceptable behavior he/she may be separated from the other dogs. Dancing Creek Farm will use reasonable efforts to consult pet parents about behavioral issues and ways to address them, however some dogs may be asked not to return to Dancing Creek Farm. If a dog has to be moved to a private cabin with special handling it will result in higher boarding fees.
9. DOG CAM, PHOTOS AND VIDEO RELEASE: I agree to allow Dancing Creek Farm to use my pet’s name and any images or likeness of my pet taken while he/she is at Dancing Creek Farm, in any form, for use at any time, in any media, marketing, advertising, illustration, trade or promotional materials without compensation, and I release to Dancing Creek Farm all rights that I may possess or claim to such image, likeness, recording, etc.
10. PERSONAL PROPERTY: I understand that I am solely responsible for any harm, including to any other pet(s), to the employees or invitees of Dancing Creek Farm, or to the equipment, facilities, or other property of Dancing Creek Farm, caused by my pet(s). I also agree that Dancing Creek Farm shall not be responsible or liable for any lost or damaged personal property belonging either to me or my pet.
11. ABANDONED PETS: I agree that I will pick up my pet by the time he/she is scheduled to leave. Any pet that is left at Dancing Creek Farm without any contact from the owner will be considered abandoned upon the seventh day. I understand that if I abandon my pet at Dancing Creek Farm, Dancing Creek Farm will, by default, become the legal owner and guardian of the pet. Dancing Creek Farm will, in its sole discretion, determine whether to try to rehome and adopt the pet or will relinquish the pet to an unrelated shelter of its choice. I FULLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT IF I ABANDON MY PET AT DANCING CREEK FARM, I MAY BE UNABLE TO RETRIEVE POSSESSION OF MY PET AND WILL HAVE NO RECOURSE AGAINST DANCING CREEK FARM.
12. ACCEPTANCE AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF PARTICIPATION RISK: I fully understand that: (a) there are inherent and potential risks involved with interactions between humans and pets, as well as between dogs and other dogs, which may result in property damage or bodily injury, including permanent disability, sickness or death to human or pet; and (b) there may be other risks not known to me nor readily foreseeable at this time (collectively, “risks”). I fully accept and assume all risks and responsibility for all risks, including, without limitation, all losses, costs and damages incurred as a result of my or my pet’s participation.
13. We do not lock dogs inside overnight. The concept of DCF is open boarding giving dogs total freedom to go in and out. Our local laws will fine us for excessive noise.Dogs that excessively bark must have a bark collar on in the evenings. If you absolutely do not want a bark collar (we use low levels) you agree to pay a $25.00 a day fee for special handling. This means your dog will be place in a dog kennel between the hours of 9PM and 6am. We use the highest grade correction collars for excessive barking.
I hereby certify that I am eighteen (18) years of age or older and have legal capacity to enter into a binding contract under the laws of the State of Virginia. I intend for this release to be binding upon my heirs, beneficiaries, next of kin, personal representation or executor, and assignees.
I have read, understand, and agree to abide and be bound by the terms and conditions of this Dog Daycare and Sleepover (or horse boarding, camping and services) Agreement in its entirety. I understand that Dancing Creek farm, LLC. Management reserves the right to alter or amend the rules at any time without prior notice.