In an effort to continuously serve members during the Club closure, BGC Winnipeg is providing distance-based, virtual programming for Club members, through which Club staff will facilitate program activities through online platforms.
BGC Winnipeg will use software, tools and applications provided by third parties that members, parents/guardians and/or staff will access via the Internet and use for purposes of communication and programming. These platforms include: Zoom and email to parent/guardians.
This letter seeks consent for your child to utilize Zoom for distance-based, virtual Club program purposes. Zoom is an online video communications company, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, collaboration, chat, and webinars across mobile devices, desktops, and telephones.
- Zoom does not sell your personal data. Whether you are a business or a school or an individual user, they do not sell your data.
- Your meetings are yours. Zoom does not monitor them or even store them after the meeting is done unless they are requested to record and store them by the meeting host. Zoom alerts participants via both audio and video when they join meetings if the host is recording a meeting, and participants have the option to leave the meeting.
- When the meeting is recorded, it is, at the host’s choice, stored either locally on the host’s machine or in the Zoom cloud. They have robust and validated access controls to prevent unauthorized access to meeting recordings saved to the Zoom cloud.
- Zoom collects only the user data that is required to provide you Zoom services. This includes technical and operational support and service improvement. For example, they collect information such as a user’s IP address and OS and device details to deliver the best possible Zoom experience to you regardless of how and from where you join.
- Zoom does not use data they obtain from your use of their services, including your meetings, for any advertising. Zoom does use data they obtain from you when you visit their marketing websites, such as zoom.us and zoom.com. You have control over your own cookie settings when visiting their marketing websites.
In order to participate in virtual Club programming, you will need to provide the following:
- A device that your child can access with video and microphone capabilities, a smart phone tablet, laptop or desktop computer and access to WiFi. We also require a parent/guardian email address, a quiet space for your child to participate in the program for up to 1 hour at a time and an adult needs to be present in the home when the child is attending the virtual program.
We will use the online applications for the following program activities:
- For virtual programs and group chats.
Our commitment to keeping the young people we serve safe is always our number one priority. BGC Winnipeg will actively monitor member activity on Zoom and will make every effort to protect member information by, among other things, maintaining control of, and access to, the data collected; prohibiting re-disclosure of member information; limiting the purposes for which the online platforms may use member information; ensuring there is no advertising and that no member information is collected for commercial purposes.
Further, all activities online must comply with BGC Winnipeg’s safety policies, including our Child Protection Policies which cover the Code of Conduct, Acceptable Use Policy, Internet Safety Policy, Prohibition of 1:1 Contact Policy, which are available upon request by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org .