In consideration of being permitted to be present at, attend, observe, and participate in baseball programming and related events at the facilities of, or provided by, [_____Mountville Youth Athletic Association_____] (the “Club”) participating in the LANCASTER COUNTY YOUTH BASEBALL LEAGUE (the “League” and, together with the Club, each other member organization registering teams to participate in the League, and their respective officers, officials, representatives, agents, coaches, and other participants, each a “Releasee” hereunder), I, for myself and for my child(ren) (collectively referred to herein as “me”, “I”, or “my”, as applicable), personal representatives, assigns and heirs:
1. UNDERSTAND AND AGREE that participation in the Club’s athletic program and related events and activities (collectively, the “Programs”) including, without limitation, participation on any Club team registered to play in games scheduled by the League, involves inherent risks and dangers. Those risks and dangers include, but are not limited to, being injured by the actions or inactions of other participants or bystanders; and potential exposure to illness from infectious or communicable disease (including, but not limited to COVID-19, MRSA, influenza, other viruses, bacteria and all other infectious pathogens and diseases). I understand that this description and list of risks is not exhaustive, and I may encounter other risks not described herein during my participation in any Program. Further, I understand that risks may be caused or contributed to by my own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of other participants, bystanders or staff, the conditions, settings, venues, and other locations in which the Programs take place. While some preventive measures and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury, illness, emotional distress, and death does exist.
2. Understand that it is my responsibility to comply with all posted and published guidelines and procedures, including safety and hygiene guidelines, procedures and protocols intended to lessen the likelihood of the spread of disease among participants and other attendees. I further understand that it is my responsibility to comply with all laws and other requirements imposed by federal, state, and local authorities. If, however, I observe any hazardous circumstance, condition or activities during my presence or participation in any Program, I will remove myself from participation and bring such circumstance, condition, or activity to the attention of Club officials immediately.
3. KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, BOTH KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, EVEN IF ARISING OUT OF THE NEGLIGENCE OF ANY RELEASEE HEREUNDER OR OTHERS AND ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY PARTICIPATION.
4. RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND HOLD HARMLESS RELEASEES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW FOR ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO ANY PROGRAM, OR MY PARTICIPATION THEREIN, INCLUDING INJURY, ILLNESS, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, OR DEATH CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES. I further agree that if, despite this Agreement, I or anyone acting on my behalf makes a claim against any of the Releasees, I will DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS each of the Releasees from any attorneys’ fees, losses, liability, damage, or expenses which Releasees may incur as the result of such claim.
5. I understand that this Agreement (including, without limitation, the release and indemnity provisions contained herein) will apply every time I am participating in any Program and/or present on the premises where any Program is being offered or is otherwise occurring. I agree that this Agreement is a contract which will be enforced to the fullest extent allowed by law and will be binding on me, my heirs, assigns, executors, and personal representatives. If any part of this Agreement is deemed to be unenforceable, the remaining terms shall be enforceable.