2022 Rockaway Rockets Cheerleading Rules and Regulations
From the beginning of our season (including all upfront planning) through the concluding awards ceremonies, our cheerleaders, coaches and Cheer Board members work very hard to ensure the success of our program. In order for the season to run smoothly, positive effort is required from all parties. Please review and sign these Rules and Regulations and make note that compliance in all areas will be strictly monitored/enforced by the Cheer Board.
1. Cheerleaders are an extension of the Rockaway Rockets Football Association, Inc. As such, you are expected to show good sportsmanship and respect to fellow cheerleaders, coaches, board members, spectators and the opposing team’s players, cheerleaders and parents. Cheerleaders or parents with concerns must bring them to the attention of the Head Coach, and such concerns should be discussed out of earshot of other cheerleaders/parents. The Cheer Coaches review board is responsible for hearing all issues concerning Cheer that cannot be resolved by the coaching staff or directly involves the coaching staff.
2. Mandatory camp/practices will run M-Th during the month of August and up to 60 minutes before each game (as determined by the Coordinator). All cheerleaders are expected to arrive at camp/practices on time, dressed appropriately wearing cheer sneakers, have hair pulled back and stay for the duration of the practice/game. For your safety and the safety of others, please do not wear jewelry to practices or games, and make sure nails are kept short and trimmed. Also for safety reasons, do not chew gum or eat during practices and games, except during designated snack time/breaks. At an appropriate time designated by the Coordinator, cheerleaders may take a short amount of time for restroom use and a quick snack.
3. Periodically throughout the season Coordinators may hold practices one day a week. This would be at the discretion of the coordinator and with ample notice to the squads and coaches.
4. It is important to remain hydrated during practices and games. Therefore, please bring thirst quenching drinks such as water. Please refrain from bringing soda or other sugary drinks.
5. Uniforms will be distributed at the beginning of the season. Each cheerleader is expected to maintain proper care of her uniform and return a clean uniform at the end of the season. Failure to do so will result in additional fees and a uniform deposit for the next cheer season. Due to the risk of soiling their uniforms, it is recommended that cheerleaders bring water to drink during games and snacks that won’t stain uniforms.
6. Cell phones and other belongings should be left in your bag during all practices and games. Cheerleaders are responsible for their belongings. Coaches have the right to search your clothing or bag if they believe there is something that may harm you or your team mates. An item is considered “harmful” if it poses an immediate threat to anyone’s safety, including his or her emotional safety.
7. Each cheerleader is part of a team. In order to effectively perform sideline cheers and the halftime show, the entire team needs to be present and every attempt must be made to attend games and pre-game practices. Please refer to the Parent/Child Handbook for an explanation of excused and unexcused absences and make sure to contact your Team Coordinator well in advance of an event if an absence from a portion or all of an event will occur (as soon as the absence is known). Please refer to Cheerleading attendance policy.
8. Cheerleaders should take time to use the bathroom before arriving to practices and games. If it is necessary to use the bathroom during practice or a game, girls will be excused individually by their coaches or Team Coordinator and are expected to return in a timely manner. For those in pom poms through super pee wee levels, a parent or parent-assigned supervisor must escort them.
9. Regardless of the weather, if the football players are playing, the cheerleaders are cheering.
10. If a cheerleader shows disrespect to anyone during a team event, she will first receive a verbal warning. If there is a second incident, she will be expected to sit out for an entire game. If there is a third incident, she will be removed from the team. In accordance with the RT Youth Sports Code of Conduct, flagrant misconduct is grounds for immediate removal from the team, without any warning.
11. We have the option to close registration or hold tryouts at any time.
It is the Team Coordinators decision to send a cheerleader home for illness or if deemed unfit to participate.
I, Parent/Guardian, have read and reviewed with my daughter, the Cheerleader Rules and Regulations for the 2022 Rockaway Rockets season. I understand that by signing below, I am stating my understanding and compliance to the rules and regulations, including program guidelines, as stated.