Dear Scholarship Applicant:
Please read and comply with all components of the application. Please note that failure to respond to any component of the application may be cause for elimination from the scholarship process. You must complete the required sections on this application.
The following application requirements are highlighted to emphasize their importance.
• Application must be typed (No Exceptions)
• Completed application and required documentation must be received on or before March 5, 2021. (No Exceptions)
2021 graduating high school senior
Reside/attend school in St. Louis Alumnae Chapter service area
Plans to attend a college, unversity, or other post-secondary institution
Minimum 2.5 GPA on 4.0 scale
The below items are required to complete the application. It is recommended that you have these items available before beginning the application.
1. A current, sealed, official transcript.
2. Two (2) letters of recommendation, as described on the application:
1. Typed academic recommendation letter from a high school counselor, teacher, or principal on official school letterhead.
2. Typed personal recommendation letter on organization letterhead with original recommender's signature from 1.) a supervisor where community service hours were performed; or 2.) church leadership involvement; or 3.) your employer.
3. Current headshot photo of yourself.
4. Typed Autobiography on 1 page. Tell us about yourself and discuss extra-curricular, church, and community activities, as well as honors, and awards that you have received during your high school career. Include why you would like to be considered for this scholarship.
You will be notified by the Scholarship Committee if you are one of the candidates considered for a scholarship. You will be contacted for an interview only if the application is TYPED, proper signatures are in place and all requested information is included with the application. The final decision will be made after you meet with the Scholarship Committee, for a virtual interview. Your presence at the interview (virtual or in-person) will be MANDATORY.
All information is subject to verification.
Please mail your official, sealed transcript to Attn: DST Mind Guard Scholarships, C/O Lawanda Hall, Education Committee Chair, P.O. Box 410844, St. Louis, MO 63141.
Thank you for your interest in the St. Louis Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. scholarship and Best Wishes.
The Scholarship Committee