Thank you for your interest in serving on the Board of Directors of Lessons for Life. The mission of Lessons for Life is dedicated to fostering the lives of middle and high school students through financial literacy, occupation opportunities, life skills, and workforce etiquette.
This work would not be possible without the support of the community volunteers who serve on our governing board.
Our Board Members serve two year terms, set the strategic direction of the organization, and are dedicated to advancing the mission of Lessons for Life.
Applicants should be:
- At least 21 years of age
- Have a demonstrated history of leadership
- Have a willingness and the time to meet and work as a member of the Board of Directors
- Must have at least 3 years of documented professional experience and/or 5 years of documented entrepreneurial experience
- Have experience in strategic planning, organizational leadership, fundraising, event planning, or community outreach
- Willing to contribute $50 annually to support the organization (includes personal giving and donations from friends and business associates within the context of fundraising events or otherwise)
Preferred but not required:
- Experience with social media
- Experience and knowledge of community events and vendor opportunities
Please complete the application in full. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.