Insurance claims are a fact of life in the construction industry. But,
understanding insurance and how it impacts your company can be difficult. Knowing how your contracts affect your insurance and vice versa can be complicated even for the seasoned veteran.
Join us for this virtual presentation on:
1. Understanding insurance provisions and insurance certificates in
construction contracts, including additional insured requirements;
2. Discussing Commercial General Liability Policies; Umbrella/Excess Policies; Builder’s Risk Policies; and other insurance that often required in construction contracts.
3. Addressing the risks and consequences for failing to fulfill a contract’s insurance requirements;
4. Explaining when insurance does or does not apply to claims made on construction projects;
5. Understanding a contractor’s right when the insurance carrier issues a reservation of rights letter;
6. Making a claim that triggers another contractor’s insurance coverage;
7. Responding to a claim that implicates your insurance coverage.
Drew Miller, Partner with law firm Webster Szanyi LLP and Kevin Ross, CPCU, Insurance Advisor with Lawley