The purpose of the Foundation is to accept tax-deductible donations that will be used to carry out charitable, scientific, literary, and educational work in the field and related fields of agriculture. Grants, scholarships, or programs funded by the Foundation will directly benefit agriculture in Jefferson County.
The Foundation’s Beginning
Jefferson County has a long established history in the agricultural industry. We are leaders in many farming techniques and technologies designed to improve the efficiency of our operations. Our producers are always looking for new methods and
ways to improve the quality of the lives of the people in our area.
The goal of the Jefferson County Farm Bureau Foundation is: “To assist in the development of agricultural leaders and to emphasize the importance of agriculture in the future.”
The Foundation is a not for profit, tax-exempt corporation organized in 1988 by the Jefferson County Farm Bureau Board of Directors.
The Goals & Objectives:
• To provide scholarships for persons from Jefferson County who are pursuing continuing education degrees with an agricultural emphasis.
• To challenge and educate our youth through educational classroom programs and other opportunities that reinforces agriculture education and builds upon their leadership qualities for the benefit of the agriculture industry.
• To provide educational materials and programs that help the future generations understand agriculture and how it affects their lives.
• To provide, support and encourage research and educational opportunities to improve crop and livestock production in Jefferson County.
• To support and/or conduct seminars for educational, scientific, and leadership purposes in agriculture.
Who Controls the Foundation
The Foundation is the property of Jefferson County Farm Bureau members. The Foundation is administered by the Foundation Board of Directors, assisted by Farm Bureau staff. The five Foundation Directors are appointed by the Farm Bureau Board of Directors and consist of both farming members and agricultural business leaders.
How to Contribute:
Anyone can contribute to the Jefferson County Farm Bureau Foundation. Individual and business donations will be used to fund worthwhile agricultural projects.
The Foundation accepts charitable contributions of money, property, and other types of assets. Special memorials and endowments can also be set up for ongoing programs in the memory of loved ones or businesses. This provides a special way
for an ongoing project to fulfill needed and worthy programs.
Who to Contact if you Have Questions:
For additional information, or to make contributions, contact:
Jefferson County Farm Bureau Foundation
814 Harrison Street • P.O. Box 927
Mt. Vernon, IL 62864
Phone: (618) 242-4510