The objective of the Rick Corners Memorial Scholarship is to provide financial assistance to college students who major in agriculture, agribusiness, or an ag-related course of study. The attached application is for a scholarship funded by donations collected through the Jefferson County Farm Bureau® Foundation. The Foundation is offering a $1,000 scholarship for the 2021-2022 school year.
To be eligible for consideration, an applicant must:
· Be enrolled as a Junior or Senior at Murray State University for the 2021-2022 Academic Year.
· Be a Member in Good Standing of the Jefferson County Farm Bureau®, spouse of a member or child of a member.
· Exhibit potential for successful completion of course study.
The criteria of being awarded this scholarship are as follows:
· Completeness of this Scholarship Application
· Academic performance and honors
· Participation in University activities
· Demonstrated interest in agriculture or ag-related field
· Financial need
· Character and Personality
· Interview with Scholarship Committee
Applications, with a picture of the applicant, must be received at the Jefferson County Farm Bureau® Foundation office by March 1, 2021.
Applications can be submitted electronically via this form, or if a paper copy is requested, it can be returned to:
Jefferson County Farm Bureau® Foundation
Attn: Sydney Lay, Manager
814 Harrison St.
PO Box 927
Mount Vernon, IL 62864
Thank you for your interest in the Rick Corners Memorial Scholarship.
The Family of Rick Corners