This is for submissions for the Film & TV awards categories.
Deaffest invites UK and International emerging and established filmmakers to submit their films to the 14th Film and Arts Festival, taking place in Wolverhampton, UK in Spring 2022.
For many years Deaffest has been proudly screening and supporting the works of emerging and established D/deaf filmmakers from the UK and around the globe. We work to showcase not just the films themselves, but also the talents of D/deaf filmmakers, actors, writers and more, providing inspiration to those who aspire to work in the film industry including the young D/deaf generation.
As the home of Deaf Films, we would like to extend that opportunity to you. So, whether your film is a short film, feature length, documentary, artistic, etc., if you want a chance of having your film shown on the big screen then submit your film to us.
The Deaffest Film and TV Awards 2022 has 11 award categories for you to submit under. If you do not wish to submit your film to the award categories, we also have a non-competition category. Please make sure you tick the appropriate boxes below.
Please make sure you read this form in full before submitting your film, as the rules have been updated.
Please ensure you have all of your information ready before starting to fill in the submission form. You will NOT be able to save the form and complete it at a later stage.
FILM SUBMISSION RULES
- Open to UK and International filmmakers - (dependent on the category).
- Deaffest welcomes films completed FROM 1st January 2019 onwards.
- There must be a significant level of involvement of deaf people in the making of the film (e.g. producer, director, writer, actor, editor and so on). Please contact us if you are unsure.
- Films must be submitted in high-definition and with feature embedded English captions/subtitles. For more information, please visit the submission guidelines section. Films that arrive without English subtitles will be automatically rejected.
- Deaffest is unable to return any film and submission materials, with the exception of hard drives which will be returned only by request and payment of return postage plus an administration fee. Alternatively, you can arrange to collect it at Deaffest weekend Spring 2022. If you wish to do this then please email email@example.com to arrange the date and time.
- If you wish to withdraw your film, please contact us as soon as possible. All fees are non-refundable and a penalty charge may be incurred.
- Films will NOT be accepted if this submission form has not been completed.
- Films can be submitted online or by post. A receipt of acknowledgement will be emailed.
- Films submitted for the Film & TV Awards will be selected based on script, cinematography, structure, characters, entertainment value and overall quality.
- If your film is not shortlisted for the Film & TV Awards, we retain the right to screen your film in the non-competition category.
- Deaffest retains the right not to accept films which are deemed unsuitable for the festival.
- If your film is not suitable for daytime screening, it may be shown at a later time and will include an over 18 age restriction.
- If you have been nominated for an award at Deaffest 2022, certificates (nominees and winners) and awards (winners only) will be available for collection during the festival Gala evening, Spring 2022 . If you are unable to attend, your certificate/award can be posted out to you and you will be asked to pay a postage and administration fee. More details will be released prior to the festival.
- Nominees for the Film and TV awards will receive ONE complimentary ticket (regardless of how many nominations they receive).
- Due to the number of submissions received we will not be able to provide individual feedback.
- All our judges' decisions are final.
SUBMISSION DEADLINES AND FEES
Wednesday 1st December, 2021 by 5pm (GMT)
FREE if received by 5pm on Wednesday 1st December 2021
Monday 31st January, 2022 by 5pm (GMT)
£25.00 (GBP). If received between by 1st December 2021 5pm to 31st January 2022
For films and submission forms submitted between Wednesday 1st December 2021 - Monday 31st January 2022, under REFERENCE/SUBJECT please enter the name of the filmmaker or company for all payment methods.
BY BACS/BANK TRANSFER:
Please send payment online to:
Zebra Access Sort Code: 40-47-11 Account Number: 32321238
By CHEQUE: Payable to 'Zebra Access' and post to:
Zebra Uno & Zebra Access, C/O Deaffest, Wolverhampton Science Park, Glaisher Drive, Wolverhampton, WV10 9TG.