What do most artists have in common? A second job.
Guidelines & conditions for the free application:
- Applicants must be 21+
- Art must be unique and original
- Must have a website (Please also provide an Instagram handle if you have one, not required.)
- Submit a short story about your work (day job) and art, how your job and your art interact, influence, and balance one another. In other words, tell us about your hustle as a working artist: How do you make it all happen, and what drives you? Additionally, if you lost your job during Covid-19 please let us know how that affected your art.
- Please list your job title and the field you work in outside of your art so we can verify your employment.
- Every 3 weeks, the 'Think Outside the Walls' series will feature one working artist.
- All chosen applicants should be willing to speak in front of a camera. Aside from your story being featured and promoted on the website and social media, the project's end goal is to be translated into a documentary project.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit one image of their art to serve as a visual representation of their work, as well as a headshot portrait (square-sized images are encouraged).
- All submissions will be judged based on the applicant's creativity, functionality, and originality.
- This online exhibition is open to all local, national and international artists.
Ongoing deadlines, duration of the project is from February 14 - December 31, 2021