HEALTH INSURANCE COVERAGE:
YOU MUST PROVIDE PROOF OF HEALTH INSURANCE COVERAGE
BEGINNING ON JANUARY 1
The IRS requires that you report certain information related to your health care coverage on your 2021-22 tax return. Please read the following statements carefully. More than one might apply to your “tax family”.
1. If you had health care coverage with a government Marketplace (Exchange) during 2020. Please provide Form 1095-A, issued by the Marketplace. In some family situations you may have more than one 1095-A.
2. If you are claiming someone on your return who was included on another taxpayer’s policy with a Marketplace. If so, you will also need a copy of that taxpayer’s 1095-A.
3. If a dependent filed a return for a previous tax return. Provide a copy of the return.
4. If you had compliant health insurance through an employer plan, private policy or with a government plan and provide Form 1095-B, 1095-C or other proof of insurance document.
5. If you were issued a hardship exemption by the Marketplace (Exchange). Provide all applicable exemption certificate numbers issued for each member of your family.
6. Complete the information below if you or any individual included in your “tax family” DID NOT have insurance coverage for any month of 2021-22.