Walmart/Sam’s Club Cookie Booth Guidelines
With respect to setting up and manning the sales booths, Girl Scout troop members, supervising adult staff, and volunteers are expected to:
· Troop must use a 6ft table to set up their booth.
· Troops must have hand sanitizer on the table.
· All in attendance must wear masks covering both nose and mouth.
· All in attendance must wear latex or nitrile gloves.
· Troop must have a cashless payment option (Digital Cookie or other card reader).
· Troop may only have one table with no more than a total of 5 Girl Scouts/Volunteers/Parents in attendance at one time
· Troop must be set up 15 feet away from entrance/exit. Store management has the right to change the designated area.
· Troop must have one registered Girl Scout volunteer in attendance (this can be a registered parent).
· Do not eat, read, smoke or use mobile devices except for cookie sale transactions, while manning the cookie sales booth.
· Be prepared for adverse weather conditions and dress appropriately.
· Be warm, respectful and polite to all purchasers and passersby.
· Use common sense about conducting appropriate conversations or engaging with potential customers and passersby. Working at cookie sales booth is not an opportunity to air personal or political opinions and/or grievances. It is important to remember that troop members, supervising adult staff, and volunteers are representing the Girl Scouts.
· If a passerby is belligerent or has negative comments about the Girl Scouts, Walmart, or Sam’s Club, do not respond or engage in discussion or debate of any type. If necessary, contact your local Girl Scouts supervisor and/or the local store or club manager.
· Be responsible when overseeing the cookie sales and collection of sales proceeds. It is the duty of the Girl Scout troop members, supervising adult staff, and volunteers to staff the sales booth at all times and not leave the booth unattended for any length of time. Under no circumstances will Walmart or Sam’s Club personnel be able to attend to the sales booth. THE PARTIES HERETO SPECIFICALLY AGREE THAT WALMART AND SAM’S CLUB WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE THEFT OF OR DAMAGE TO ANY GIRL SCOUT COOKIE PRODUCT AND COOKIE SALES PROCEEDS.
· Comply with all requests from store and club managers. At no point should a Girl Scout troop member, supervising adult staff, or volunteer attempt to challenge any direction from the store or club manager, or the manager’s designee. If a conflict arises, the troop member, supervising adult staff, or volunteer should immediately contact his or her Girl Scout supervisor.
· Do not speak to the media without receiving prior approval from their supervisor or administrator. If approached by a reporter, Girl Scout troop members, supervising adult staff, and volunteers should respond with “I’m sorry, I’m not the best person to respond to your questions. I’ll be sure to let the appropriate person know when I’m done with my shift,” or similar language. Troop members, supervising adult staff, and volunteers should then direct any media inquiries to their local Girl Scout supervisors or the Walmart Media Hotline at 1-800-331-0085.