BY SIGNING THIS PETITION, YOU ARE ASKING THE UNITED STATES TENNIS ASSOCIATION IN NEVADA to lobby Nevada politicians and organizations to get more tennis courts. Signing this petition is in support of empowering the United States Tennis Association to educate politicians and organizations in the state of the powerful influence of the 25,000+ tennis players that exist in Nevada and over $15 million of economic development that our state, regional and national events bring to Nevada. Las Vegas has become a tennis hotbed for national events, high-performance tennis, professional tennis, adult and senior leagues as well as one of the largest recreational leagues in the nation.
To help save our city from losing these major national events for all ages we will need an additional 20 courts minimum, and to meet the full needs of our community we need a total of 40 new courts. Those signing this petition are advocating for the following:
1. To build at least 40 additional tennis courts in Southern Nevada and 40 in Northern Nevada.
2. To build courts as centers with 8 or more so they can maximize use through Programming.
3. To continue and begin to outsource the management of the facility and programs to USPTA, PTR and USTA Members and professionals who know how to build community, programs and maximize usage.
4. To build 10+ additional courts at each of the existing public tennis centers to meet the shortage of courts for local and national league, tournaments and events; including but not limited to; Darling Tennis Center, All American Tennis Park, Lorenzi Park, Sunset Park, Whitney Mesa, Baskin Park, Craig Ranch, Lone Mountain, or any other city park that has the room for a new tennis center.
5. Stop building two court facilities as they limit usage and programming. Instead merge many into a few tennis center locations.
6. Include regulation tennis courts, ten and under tennis courts, and pickleball courts.
7. Work with USTA to designate two court facilities that are not being used to be made into 8 pickleball court facilities.
There are currently not enough courts to support:
1. USTA Adult & Junior Leagues.
2. National and Sectional tournaments & special events.
3. Community programs and recreational play.
Our city also needs an additional tennis center, like Darling, to solidify our position as the premier tennis destination in America for national events and to help stimulate our economy & help our local families by not having to travel.
By signing this petition and providing your name, cell number and email below, you are authorizing USTA Nevada to add you to our petition for more tennis courts.
Thank you for your support,
United States Tennis Association - Nevada