• Microneedling creates micro wounds in the skin, you cannot return to your normal skincare routines right away. In fact, immediately after your treatment, you will look as though you have a mild to moderate sunburn, and your skin may feel warm and tighter than usual. Keep in mind, these effects are normal and they typically subside within a few hours after treatment, but can take up to 24-48 hours for complete resolution.
• If you are concerned about any reaction, please call/ TEXT our office (808) 797-5757 and contact your health care provider immediately.
After-care instructions for Micro NeedlingTreatment:
• Use tepid water for the initial 24 hours to rinse the treated area. After 24 hours, use a gentle cleanser to cleanse the face for the following 72 hours and gently dry the treated skin.
• Always make sure that your hands are clean when touching the treated area.
• Apply lubricant (recommended: Mica-Organics) for moisture over the next 24 hours.
• Do not take any inflammatory medicines for at least 2 weeks post treatment.
• It is recommended that makeup or sunscreen should not be applied for 24 hours after the procedure.
• Do not apply any makeup with a makeup brush, especially if it is not clean.
• After the initial 24 hours, apply a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with a minimum SPF 30 for two weeks. A chemical-free sunscreen is highly recommended.
What to Avoid:
•For at least 3 days post treatment, do NOT use any Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta HydroxyAcid, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C (in a low pH formula) or anything perceived as "Active" skincare.
• Avoid intentional and direct sunlight for 48 hours. No tanning beds.
• Do not go swimming for at least 24 hours post-treatment.
• No exercising or strenuous activity for the first 24 hours post-treatment. No excessive Sweating, and gym environments must be avoided during the first 72 hours post-treatment.
With any Question or Concerns