• Lips will feel very dry and swollen after your treatment. Apply supplied aftercare ointment on lips 2-3 times a day. DO NOT rub into skin, just tap gently using a Q-Tip. This should be done for 14 days post treatment.
• DO NOT allow lips to become dry, this may interfere with healed color.
• Always use a clean Q-Tip and never fingers to apply. This will reduce the risk of secondary infection.
• It is advised to sleep on an old pillowcase, as there will be residual pigment coming off the lips for several days.
• After lips are no longer tender to the touch they may become flaky. This is normal. Please DO NOT pick or scratch at them, as this may significantly reduce the amount of pigment uptake.
• Avoid the sun and tanning beds pre and post procedure. Be sure to use sunblock once lips are healed. DO NOT use Glycolic, hydroxyl or fruit acid products on lips.
• Please be advised it is a good idea to brush your teeth with just water a few days after treatment.
• You can resume wearing lipstick once lips are healed. It is advised to use NEW lipstick after all lip treatments.
• Redness, swelling, tenderness, dryness are all common post treatment side effects and will dissipate in a short period of time.
• Avoid oily, salty, acidic foods, and alcohol while healing.
• Lips are especially unpredictable. Some clients will have a very strong uptake in healed color and others a very slight uptake.
• Fever Blisters are a known side effect of all lip procedures. Follow all Care instructions and it is less likely to become an issue.
• You may wash your lips or face after 24 hours using only unscented soap.
• For the first day or two following your procedure you may take Benadryl (if needed) and apply cold ice packs to reduce light swelling. Avoid any friction to lip area.
• Lips heal in 3 stages: TOO DARK –TOO LIGHT –JUST RIGHT
• Please be advised this takes ONE MONTH to happen.
• Your permanent makeup may look distorted and/or darker when initially applied. This is normal. Remember permanent makeup is a Process not only a Procedure.
With any Question or Concerns.