Trial matches are sanctioned under the following Terms & Conditions.
Host clubs are to adhere to current Public Health Order and any directions from NSW Health, escpecially when hosting clubs from outside of their local area.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. All participants must be registered with, or in the case of pre-season fixtures, intending to register with their respective club for the current season.
2. Team sheets / Match Cards must be completed and returned to NNSWF NI for all trial fixtures even where referees are not required.
3. Applications made within 5 business days of the proposed match(es) will be sanctioned but will NOT have Match Officials appointed by NNSWF NI.
4. Where Match Officials are not appointed by NNSWF NI as per 3. or because the club has not requested officials, clubs may appoint a Club Member to officiate. A Club Member is someone who has a direct association with the club, as a player; team official; club official or club associate. Registered Match Officials, or Referee Branches are not to be directly approached by a club to officiate on any fixture for which NNSWF NI is not appointing Match Officials.
5. Where Match Officials are requested NNSWF NI will endeavour to provide at a minimum a centre referee. Host clubs will be invoiced by NNSWF NI as per match official fee schedule for trial fixtures.
6. It is the host clubs responsibility to ensure player, match official & spectator safety at the venue, including but not limited to the playing surface, change room facilities & security by taking all necessary precautions to minimise the risk of public liability claims.
7. Sanction is provided for host clubs only and is under the provision that visiting clubs obtain their own sanction to participate.
8. Any club in breach of terms and conditions of sanctioning will have their sanction revoked.
9. Any club conducting a trial that has not been sanctioned by NNSWF will render club administrator(s) liable in the event of player injury or public liability claims.