Data Protection Statement
Personal data is data which, by itself or with other data available to us, can be used to identify you. We are Mainstream Group Limited, the data controller. This data protection statement sets out how we will use your personal data. You can contact us at Mainstream House, Bonham Drive, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME10 3RY if we have any questions.
The types of personal data we collect and use
Whether or not you become a customer, we’ll use your personal data for the reasons set out below and if you do become a customer we’ll use it to manage the services that we provide to you. We’ll collect most of the data we will use as part of your initial dealings with us, which will include for example:
- if you enquire about or apply to attend one of our training courses, this enquiry/application could be for yourself or on behalf of someone else, such as an employees or colleague of yours;
- if you enquire about or apply for a job vacancy advertised by our recruitment business;
- if you enquire about or register with our temporary work agency;
- if you enquire about or use the services of our haulage business;
- if, you are an employer and enquire about or use the services of our training department,
our recruitment business or our temporary work agency.
If you use our services (either as a customer, employer, work seeker, worker or trainee) then we will also collect data both directly and indirectly during the course of providing services to you and during the course of our business relationship with you.
The personal data we use may be about you as a personal and/or business cus tomer and may include:
- Full name and personal details including contact information (e.g. home and business address and address history, email address, home, business and mobile telephone numbers).
- Date of birth and or age, we might need this to confirm eligibility for certain courses, awards and work placements, for example training and jobs which use certain types of equipment, plant or vehicles might have age related legal requirements. Additionally, your age will impact on matters such as the national minimum wage rates applicable to you.
- Financial details related to your pay; if you work via our temporary work agency then we will use data relating to your tax code, pay from previous employments (form P45) , your salary and pay rate and we might also be sent data relating to matters such as attachment of earnings and other financial information from for example, HMRC, the Court Service and former employers.
- Records of our services you’ve applied for or used. For example, we will collect, use and store data about courses, training and work placements that you have attended with us.
- Records of our relevant services and activities that you have undertaken before you engaged with us, for example this will include data you have provided to us about past training courses attended and past employments.
- If you have enquired about, applied to use or used our services using technology such as a computer or mobile telephone or similar devices we may collect data such as mobile phone location, IP address, MAC address.
- If you have applied for trade credit with us; information from credit reference or fraud prevention agencies, electoral roll, court records of debt judgements and bankruptcies and other publicly available sources as well as information on any financial ass ociates you may have.
- Information about your education, qualifications and employment history, this is required for example to ascertain eligibility for certain training courses, funded training and employment placement purposes.
- Information provided by you that you have chosen to provide to us as part of an employment or work placement application, this could include for example references, employment history, work preferences, location, criminal record, information about your health and well-being, your sickness record, your activities outside of work, your hobbies, details of your family and dependents. The provision of this information is optional and will vary from person to person, the consequences of not providing certain information might be that we can’t do certain things for you.
- Information gathered by us and/or provided to us by others (such as HMRC and end-user work placement clients, referees, former employers), this would include for example sickness, absence and holiday information, information relating to your pay and tax, replies to references, employment history, work preferences, work locations, your conduct at work, disciplinary and grievance matters and hours worked.
- Information provided by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). For certain work placements we are required to obtain a DBS check and we will use, process and store DBS information provide to us about you. You will always be aware if we need to obtain a DBS about you and you will be required to provide your consent.
- Personal data about other named applicants. This would be for example where you make an application on behalf of somebody else to attend one of our courses, for instance an employee or a colleague. When you provide this information to us, you must have their authority to provide their personal data to us we and must share this data protection statement with them beforehand together with details of what you’ve agreed on their behalf.
Monitoring of communications between us:
Subject to applicable laws, we’ll monitor, store and may record any calls, emails, text messages, social media messages and other communications between us, which relate to the services we provide and to the dealings between us. We’ll do this for regulatory compliance, self-regulatory practices, crime prevention and detection, to protect the security of our communications systems and procedures, to check for obscene or profane content, for quality control and staff training, and when we need to see a record of what’s been said. We may also monitor activities relating to the dealings between us where necessary for these reasons and this is justified by our legitimate interests and/or our legal obligations.