FINANCIAL AND CLASSROOM POLICIES
Please read carefully, and sign the bottom of this form,
indicating you agree with the following policies.
It is my goal to bring the best early childhood music and movement education possible to children ages birth to 7. Age-appropriate instruction and materials will be offered for each class.
1. Payments are set up as a monthly auto payment from a credit/debit card. An extra charge will be assessed when the class your child is in moves to a new set of materials – typically in Sept., Jan./Feb., and May/June. When your child moves to a longer class (30 min. to 45 min., or 45 min. to 60 min.) your monthly fee will increase accordingly. YOU WILL ALWAYS BE NOTIFIED BEFORE A NEW CHARGE.
1. Parents are expected to join us and actively participate in each class.
2. Please no food or drink in the classroom. Besides avoiding spills and crumbs, it might make other children want some! Please no pacifiers during class.
3. Family packets: One of the main goals of Musikgarten is to encourage musical play at home between parent and child. The family packet contains an excellent CD to encourage this. If your child listens to the CD at home, he will be prepared to participate in class with the other children. If you sing and dance these songs at home with your child, she will begin to enjoy a lifetime of music-making because she sees that music is an important part of YOUR life.
4. It is imperative, especially with young children, that the parent gently guides, rather than manipulates, musical play. As long as the child is not hurting themselves or others, and nothing is being destroyed, a child will be allowed to explore freely. For some children, this will be in the form of observing. Participating will come later, when they are more comfortable. However, do not mistake this for not learning. A child is always learning!
5. Please refrain from unnecessary talking during class. This is especially important during “focused listening”. Be a good model, and your child will eventually follow. Let the music do its magic!
Thank you for allowing me to guide your child toward musical literacy!
www.HaynesMusicStudio.com / www.JeffersonCityMusicAcademy.com