Presenters: Presenters from Appalachian Consulting Group, and GMHCN, will conduct the training with guest presenters from the Georgia Advocacy Office and other community partners.
Application: Those wishing to participate should complete this online form, sign electronically, and hit the "Submit My Application" button at the bottom of this page. There is no paper application for this training.
Audience: This training is for people in recovery from mental health and/or mental health and substance use disorders in Georgia, who have an interest in providing peer support services for people who have been given behavioral health diagnoses. Additional criteria include:
1. Candidates must have a mental health diagnosis or a dual diagnosis of mental health condition and substance use disorder.
2. Candidates should evidence a strong desire to identify themselves as a person in recovery from a behavioral health diagnosis (current or former recipient of mental health services).
3. Candidates must hold a GED or High School diploma and be at least 18 years of age. An applicant may be requested to provide a copy of this document.
4. In addition, applicants must demonstrate strong reading comprehension and written communication skills as indicated by their responses on the pre-test.
5. Applicants must have demonstrated experience with leadership, advocacy, or governance, and be well grounded in recovery (one year between diagnosis and application to the training).