BeUnlimited's UnTapped career planning program focuses on career planning for middle school aged youth. Youth in underserved communities will gain access to career planning, PSAT preparation, mental health practices, and life skills development in order to enter into high school with a concrete career plan.
A mentor with the UnTapped program will support and encourage the educational and personal development of our scholars and provide active guidance to help them achieve their goals.
- Serve as a positive role model
- Take the lead in supporting mentees through an ongoing, one-on-one relationship
- Build the relationship by attending and participating in program activities.
- Strive for mutual respect.Help set goals and work toward accomplishing them
- Make at least a one-year commitment
- Spend at least 4 hours a month with mentees
- Communicate with mentees weekly
- Attend training sessions provided by BeUnlimited
- Be at least 25 years old
- Be interested in working with young people from various different cultures.
- Be willing to adhere to all program policies and procedures
- Be willing to complete the application and screening process, which includes a background check
- Be dependable and consistent in meeting time commitments.
- Attend mentor training sessions as prescribed
- Be willing to communicate regularly with program staff, submit activity information, and take constructive feedback regarding mentoring activities
- Someone who holds our core values: Advocacy, Empowerment, Enlightenment, & Encouragement
- Willing listener and supportive
- Patient and flexible
- Tolerant and respectful of individual differences
- Good relationship building skills
Application and Screening Process
- Written application
- Provide three personal references
- Criminal history check
- Personal interview
- Attend initial mentor training
Our program will provide an initial training on the organization, the Individual Assessment Form mentors will need to complete with mentees, training sessions on how to interact with mentees, any systematic platform for proper reporting, as well as policies and procedures. Throughout their tenure, mentors will participate in quarterly training which may include documentation, program forms, CPR, and mentor development.