I certify as the owner and exhibitor, that I have attended or intend to complete the quality assurance training and wish to exhibit at the 2022 Monongalia County Fair Livestock Show and Auction with the following animals; by signing I agree to the Monongalia County Fair Livestock Show and Auction Rules as well as Species Specific Rules set forth by the Monongalia County Fair.
1. Must meet age requirements outlined in Monongalia County Fair Show and Auction Rules, active member of 4-H or FFA; and/or enrolled in postsecondary education with proof of enrollment.
2. Owners will have animals cleaned, groomed, and trained before arriving at the show. Improperly trained animals will not be shown.
3. Owners will always keep their animals and barn area cleaned. Owners will also assist in keeping all common areas and show facilities clean.
4. Owners’ are to make sure that animals have proper feed and water.
5. Loud noise, horseplay, and foul language will not be tolerated.
6. Refer to Monongalia County Fair Livestock Show and Auction Rule #6 regarding dress policy.
7. Compete hard and practice good sportsmanship.
8. Abuse or neglect of an owner’s animal will not be tolerated.
9. Parents and families are encouraged to assist the owners and attend all events. However, this is a learning activity and family members should not do the owners’ job.
10. All owners will assist with setting up Sunday proceeding the fair and cleaning of the barn on Sunday following the fair. Any owner not assisting or sending a representative will be charged a cleaning fee of $25.00 per day not participating which will be deducted from their auction check.
11. Animals will not be permitted to leave the Monongalia County Fair until after closing of the fair on Saturday.
12. All Market Grand and Reserve Champion Winners must sell at the Monongalia County Fair Show and Auction (owners may buy back their animal with a 3% fee).
13. All consigned market animals will participate in the auction (owners may buy back their animal with a 3% fee).
14. Exhibitors may exhibit a maximum of two animals per species.
Owners not complying with the above rules will be asked to remove their animals from the show and auction. The Livestock Committee will have final ruling.
Owners will be allowed up to TWO animals to be sold at the auction. Market rabbits and market chicken will be sold in a pen and a group of three rabbits or chickens and will be counted as one consigned animal.
Please complete the following table indicating if you plan to Exhibit and/or Auction your project. This will allow the Livestock Committee to plan accordingly for proper space in the barn.
Owners that have animals donated for resale will be responsible for exhibiting these animals at the resale auction that evening.
Owners will pay up to 6% auction commission fee plus any other fees designated by the species that have participated in the auction. The actual commission fee will be determined by the Livestock Committee prior to the auction.
All animals will be sold by the head with exception for market rabbit and market poultry which will be sold by the pen. The auction commission fee will be utilized to assist with the current/future costs of the Monongalia County Fair Show and Auction.