After you submit your application, please gather the following pieces of information and include them in a PDF file with the filename “lastname-firstname-UGLA2021.PDF”. Send the file to UptownGLA@aol.com with the subject line “yourname-Scholarship”.
1. A transcript of high school grades and courses in progress.
2. A list of activities with particular emphasis related to social justice, including LGBTQ+ activism, leadership community service, and club membership.
3. Areas of study you are considering.
4. One or more letters of recommendation.
5. An autobiography describing your background, your aspirations after college, and your connection to the LGBTQ+ community (2 pages maximum).
6. Examples of any school or community projects you think would be of interest to the Scholarship Committee to support your candidacy. (Optional)
APPLICATIONS AND MATERIALS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN SATURDAY, MAY 8, 2021
Contact UGLA for more information at UptownGLA@aol.com
*A representative must attend the scholarship ceremony if the winner is not available to accept the award.