Terms & Conditions for Vet Behaviour Consultation with Dr Callie Stokes
I understand and agree to take part in a comprehensive veterinary consultation with Dr Callie Stokes, BSc, BVMS MANZCVS (Veterinary Behaviour) under the following conditions:
1. I certify that I am the owner of the animal and that I have sought veterinary behavioural consultation for my pet for advice on behavioural issues.
2. I shall be responsible for my pet’s behaviour whilst working with Dr Callie Stokes.
3. I agree to ensure my pet has had a full medical check-up with my regular veterinarian. The recommendation is a recent blood test (in the past 12 months) including thyroid function so a baseline is recorded before starting any medications.
4. I recognise that there is some degree of risk attached and no guaranteed success to any behaviour modification process.
5. I recognise that for the best outcome in treating behaviour is to utilise the support from a Qualified Behaviour Trainer (Delta Society Certificate 4 in Dog Training or equivalent) will increase the likelihood of a more favourable outcome.
6. In the event of any grievance or dispute with Zen Veterinary Behaviour, I agree to undertake and complete a VDA’s free Alternate Dispute Resolution process, before resorting to any other action or remedy.
7. I understand that if my pet has presented with aggression signs it will be my responsibility to ensure that my pet doesn’t cause harm to others. These precautions may include informing those that are coming into contact with my pet of its tendencies for aggressive behaviour, keeping it on a leash, muzzling it if necessary, using a head collar and possibly keeping it contained in a safe location.
Consent for the use of Medicines Off-Label
I, the undersigned, hereby:
1. Understand that there are often no suitable products that are specifically registered in Australia for use in a particular species of animal or for a particular medical condition in that species of animal.
2. Understand that, in order for my veterinarian to be in a position to treat my animal, they may have to resort to using or advising the use of products registered for use in other species, including human medicine.
3. Understand that treatment with the products described below will mean that my veterinarian will be using or advising the use of such products that are outside the use of the recommendations of the registration of that product (“off-label”).
4. I accept that there may be known and/or unknown side-effects and adverse consequences associated with the use of these products under these circumstances, I have apprised myself of these risks and unconditionally accept the risks related thereto.
5. I unconditionally indemnify the veterinarian of this facility and the staff of this facility against any claim of whatsoever nature arising from side-effects or adverse consequences or any damages that arise from the use of the products described below.