Terms and Conditions
• Payments for instrumental tuition are required a term in advance. Payments are made directly to instrumental tutors.
• Written notice, a half term in advance, is required for cancellation of lessons.
• Lessons missed by students cannot be re-timetabled unless it is at the discretion of the instrumental tutor.
• It is your child’s responsibility to check the music room notice board for timetable information.
• Instrumental lessons are timetabled during the school day. In terms of subject lessons missed, the Academy’s policy is as follows: -
o Where possible, students of years 10 and upwards will not be withdrawn from any KS4/5 lesson and will need to attend extra sessions during break lunch and free time. Students undertaking a music course may be able to attend extra lessons during timetabled performance lessons, if agreed by the classroom teacher.
o KS3 lessons will be timetabled on a rotational system in order to make every effort to minimise the impact on curriculum learning.
o It is an expectation that students will take responsibility for catching up on work missed.
• On receipt of the attached reply slip, your contact details and son/daughters timetable will be passed to the relevant Instrumental tutor.