1) When transportation is involved in any church program or event, all students ride the church bus or van(s). No student is allowed to drive.
2) Students are expected to comply with all instructions given by any adult student ministry staff member.
3) Students are to respect church facilities and vehicles. Should a student's actions cause damage or breakage, he/she will be held responsible for repair or replacement of the broken or damaged item.
4) When attending any church program or event, all students are expected to participate in those activities, not hang around outside the church building, roam the hallways, etc.
5) When participating in any church activity, all students are expected to be present for the entirety of the event. Unless special arrangements have been made ahead of time between the student minister and that student's parents, no student is allowed to join an event already in progress or leave one early.
6) Because we want to maintain a positive, Christ-centered atmosphere at all of our student ministry functions, we ask that students keep godliness and modesty in mind in their clothing choices.
Specifically: Guys are to wear shirts at all times (except when swimming). Gals should avoid revealing, distracting clothing, and may wear only modest swimsuits preferable a one-piece or tankini. All Shorts must be finger tip length.
Clothing worn to our events should be free of ungodly images and messages.
7) This should go without saying, but for the record, alcohol, tobacco of any kind, illegal drugs, firearms, foul language, public displays of affection between couples, uncooperative attitudes, tractor-trailer rigs, intercontinental ballistic missiles, bad haircuts, chartreuse leisure suits, armadillos, lightning rods, cups of rancid yogurt, and/or life-size replicas of science fiction vehicles will not be permitted to be a part of any First Christian Church Carmi student function.
8) The rule of thumb we’re aiming for: ". . . whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father" (Colossians 3:17). If you can’t do it in the name of Jesus, you don’t need to do it at all.
9) The student ministry staff of First Christian Church Carmi reserves the right to dismiss or suspend from any activity any student who demonstrates an attitude of indifference to these guidelines. If the violation occurs during the course of an out-of-town event, dismissal may include sending the student home at the expense of his/her parent(s)/guardian(s)