Chapter Officer Rules, Regulations, and Conditions:
1. MUST be enrolled in the Agriculture Education course
Ag Leadership at Heritage High School during your term of office.
2. MUST have a minimum of a 2.5 cumulative G.P.A., verified by your counselor during your candidacy and throughout your term of office.
3. MUST own your own official FFA uniform. If you do not own one yet you can borrow one for the interview process.
4. MUST attend chapter officer meetings, the officer retreat, and ALL* chapter meetings that are scheduled in the Program of Activities.
* Except for illnesses, which must be cleared 24 hours before an event by a parent contact and doctor's note.
5. MUST not receive ANY referrals, truant referrals, or disciplinary problems in ANY classes. If you receive a referral, a suspension, or are expelled, you will immediately forfeit your office.
6. MUST complete duties assigned to your officer position.
7. MUST attend SoCal Leadership Conference and have an SAE project.
8. MUST be committed to serving the FFA Association and its members.
9. MUST constantly seek to improve your own personal development and your abilities to serve our membership. Therefore, you must be open to constructive evaluation from your teammates and the adult and student advisors.
10. MUST complete your work assignments on time and in a quality fashion.
11. MUST put in whatever hours are required to meet your responsibilities and assignments.
12. Will not use or consume any tobacco products, illicit drugs, or alcohol.
13. Will not miss an assigned responsibility without prior approval from an adult chapter advisor.
14. Will not use profane, crude, vulgar, or offensive language.
15. Will not engage in the telling of tasteless or offensive jokes, stories, etc., nor will you engage in any conversations of poor taste, or dealings of poor moral conduct.
16. Will not display overly affectionate behavior towards any FFA members or other students.
17. Will not spread gossip and rumor.
18. Will maintain the ethics of the officer team by discussing team matters (positive and negative) only with your fellow officer teammates and the student and adult advisors.
19. Will not express disrespect for the authority of adults.
20. Will not express disrespect for the opinions of others.
21. Will treat all others fairly and with respect.
22. Will respect the property rights of others.
23. Will follow the direction of the adult chapter advisors with regard to any other matters not covered in this document.
24. Will be highly involved in different areas of our program, promoting and leading by example through different opportunities that our program offers. Examples include, but are not limited to: CDE teams, public speaking events, conferences, and farmhand positions.
25. Finally, we will expect TEN TIMES the amount of commitment to the FFA
compared to that of any other FFA member if you decide to seek election as an
FFA officer. Other clubs, sports, and activities WILL NOT take priority over the
FFA; however, we are VERY willing to share you with other activities!
All major infractions are delt with by the schools administration. In the event that a minor infraction occurs that effects the program, a disciplinary committee shall be formed. The committee shall consist of the advisors and the officer team. For any disciplinary decisions made, each advisor shall receive one vote, and the officer team shall receive one vote as a collective unit when applicable.
By signing below you have read, studied, understand, and agree to the Rules, Regulations, Events and Conditions listed in the electronic application for Chapter FFA office. I have also read and understand the job description and requirements as outlined. If elected to office, I commit to following the rules and procedures outlined above. I recognize that breaking policies or these rules may result in limitations being set on my roles as a chapter FFA officer and/or the possible removal from office by the Chapter FFA Advisors and/or fellow members of the Chapter FFA Officer team.