The novel coronavirus (“COVID-19”), has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. While rules, guidance, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist. BYTC cannot completely mitigate the transfer of communicable diseases like COVID-19 especially when involved in Track and cross country running. Participation in Track and Cross country includes possible exposure to and illness, injury, or death from infectious diseases including COVID-19.
In consideration for providing my child the opportunity to participate in track and cross country with BYTC and any related transportation to and from events, both my child and I voluntarily agree to waive and discharge any and all claims against BYTC and release it from liability for any exposure to or illness or injury from an infectious disease including COVID-19, including claims for any negligent actions of the District or its employees or agents, to the fullest extent allowed by law, for myself, my child, our estates, our heirs, our administrators, our executors, our assignees, and our successors.
I also agree to release, exonerate, discharge and hold harmless the BYTC, its Board of Directors, the individual members thereof, and all officers, agents, volunteers, and representatives from all liability, claims, causes of action, or demands, including attorney fees, fines, fees, or other costs (e.g. medical costs) arising out of any exposure to or illness or injury from an infectious disease including COVID-19, which may result from or in connection with my child’s participation with BYTC.
I further agree that my athlete agrees to follow the following code of conduct during all BYTC practices, races and events:
· Wear a mask at all times when not in the process of warming up, working out, and cooling down
· Check in with the coach for every workout to have temperature taken and questionnaire completed
· Give fellow athletes and coaches a minimum of 6ft distance at all times except when having temperature taken
· Refrain from person to person contact, this shall include but is not limited to, Hugging, handshakes, high fives, and any other close personal contact
· Participate with a full effort at every practice
· Not attend practice if they feel sick, have a fever, sore throat, cough, or if they were unable to attend school that day
I further certify and represent that I have the legal authority to waive, discharge, release, and hold harmless the released parties on behalf of myself and the above-named student.
I certify that I have read this document in its entirety and fully understand its contents. In exchange for the opportunity to participate in the with BYTC the above-named student and I freely and voluntarily assume all risks of such hazards and notwithstanding such, release BYTC from all liability for any loss regardless of cause, and claims arising from the student's participation in the track and cross country with BYTC