Please read carefully before signing
1. I authorize the references and current and former employers listed in this application to give you any and all information concerning my current and previous employment and any pertinent information they may have, including disclosure of any disciplinary reports (even if more than four years old), and release all parties from any liability for any damages that may result from furnishing same to you. I further authorize you to release such information when such information may be requested by any prospective or subsequent employers without the need to provide me any notice of such disclosure.
2. I understand that the use of this application does not indicate that there are positions available, nor does it imply or create an employment contract. I understand that the only employment contracts are those specifically authorized by Redford Township management that have been reduced to writing and have been executed by both the employee and an authorized representative of Redford Township. Accordingly, I understand that no employment contract, either expressed or implied, for any period, is created hereby should Redford Township hire me.
3. If hired, I understand that my employment is at-will (just cause for union and/or civil service employees), and can be terminated at any time, with or without notice, for any reason at the option of either Redford Township or me. Should Redford Township hire me, I agree to observe all of Redford Township's policies, practices, and procedures currently in existence and new and revised ones that may be issued in the future.
4. I understand that any employment offer is conditional upon the result of the drug screening test, post offer pre-employment medical examination, and background investigation (when applicable based on the position sought).
5. I understand that if I have a physical, mental, or other impairment that would interfere with my ability to perform in a position but that may be accommodated by, for instance, the purchase of equipment or devices, the provision of readers or interpreters, or the restructuring or altering of work schedules, the Michigan Persons With Disabilities Civil Rights Act requires me to notify the Employer's Personnel Department in writing of need for accommodation within 182 days after I knew or should reasonably have known that the accommodation was needed.
6. I agree that any lawsuit against Redford Township arising out of my employment or termination of employment, including but not limited to, claims arising under the State or Federal Civil Rights statutes, must be filed within six months of the event giving rise to claims or be forever barred. I waive any limitations period to the contrary.
For circumstances in which the statutory period of limitations is less than six months, the statutory limit will apply.
I HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE TO THE TERMS OF EACH OF THE ABOVE SIX (6) INDIVIDUAL STATEMENTS, AS INDICATED ABOVE.