For youth entering grades 6-12!
Participation is free!
We know that Middle School and High school youth have busy lives and many interests so we offer a variety of ways to be involved in the garden and in the community. Join Gardeners of Tomorrow to learn, provide community service and have fun!
Some of the options:
- Grow veggies and flowers in the Bee Happy Discovery Garden. This year we are focusing on a Mexican kitchen garden!
- Learn how to use fresh veggies in cooking!
- Learn a bit about organic gardening and work in the garden on Wednesdays from 4:15-5:15pm.
- Care for the hens!
- Help out on Friday mornings during Fresh on Friday(9-11am): learn how to make bouquets, create snacks from the garden, harvest and sell veggies or help with the kids’ Garden Explorers program!
- Participate in a CL Farmers Market!
- Engage in community service activities to reduce food insecurity!
- Post videos to social media about what is growing in the garden!
- Visit a nearby farm.
Each participating team member will receive a t-shirt!
Interested? Show up at one of the events below!
Informational Sessions are scheduled for :
Tuesday, May 23, 6:30-7:00pm
Wednesday, May 24th, 6:30-7:00pm
Thursday, May 25, 4:30-6pm
(We will meet on the patio outside the Nature Education Pavilion)
If you can't join us at any of the above times but would like more information, please contact Leigh at email@example.com
Ready to JOIN? Register below!