Eligibility Requirements (Please do not submit original documents)
Qualifications for eligibility include:
One or more individuals within the household has qualified for unemployment benefits or experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced other financial hardship due, directly or indirectly, to the COVID-19 outbreak, one or more individuals within the household can demonstrate a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability. Homeowners are not eligible to receive mortgage assistance, utility assistance, or energy costs.
**A Percentage or the Rent or Utility may be paid, entire amounts may not be paid**
1) Proof of membership, certificate of degree of Indian blood (CDIB) or non-photo enrollment card
2) Social Security Card for Applicant (A Copy must be included), list any family members included
3)For Rental Assistance provide a copy of yourRental Agreement or Lease. This MUST have the landlord’s address.(No pet deposits or fees will be paid)Prospective rent will not exceed 3
4) For Rental Arrears provide a copy of late notices or eviction notices (Can go back to March 13, 2020)
5) For utilities and home energy costs or arrears of utilities and home energy costs , provide copies of bills, invoices, or evidence of payment to the utility provider.
(other expenses can be included that are either directly or indirectly due to COVID 19, such as relocation expenses, rental fees, and Internet fees-all of which can reduce the rental payment with guidelines for approval
6) Proof of Income, this can be one of the items listed.
Previous year (2020) tax papers (IRS 1040)
Last 2 months check stubs
Social Security/Disability Income (last 2 months)
Unemployment Income or compensation statement (last 2 months)
Wage Statement or Interest Statement
7) Approval calculated by the National Average Median Income. Must be at or below 80%. (Income eligibility can go back to January 1, 2020
*Priority is given to income eligible applicants with less than 50% of median income or households with individuals not employed for over 90 days preceeding the date of application.