STATEMENT OF GUIDELINES
The Bible states in I Thessalonians 5:12 that we must know those with whom we labor. In keeping with this scripture, the guidelines stated in I & II Timothy, VA state law, and insurance regulations, Faith Landmarks Ministries requires a full criminal background, and sex-offender check to work in the ministries listed above. We believe our applicants will understand the necessity of this process.
Please follow the procedures listed below. Completion of this form does not constitute acceptance in a ministry position.
1. You must be a member of Faith Landmarks Ministries.
2. Please fill out the adult application in its entirety and sign the statement of guidelines.
3. VA State Police require a social security number to complete your criminal history check. You will be contacted by FLM staff to provide that information.
4. FEE FOR THE VIRGINIA STATE POLICE CRIMINAL HISTORY/SEX OFFENDER REQUEST WILL
5. Please submit this entire application to the church office. Upon acceptance of your approved application, the Department Head for your new department will contact you.
6. SPECIAL DETAIL: You must be actively involved in another Helps Ministry department for at least 6 months and currently serving in a department.
7. PASTORAL CARE: You must be actively involved in another Helps Ministry department for at least 6 months and currently serving in a department.
8. Be prompt at all times and faithful in carrying out your responsibilities.
9. All workers are expected to attend at least one Sunday morning worship service per week. This is to ensure that all workers are receiving ministry on a regular basis, and that all are spiritually in tune with the vision and purpose of our church.
10. If you are unable to perform your duties and keep these guidelines, please contact your Department Head.
I understand that I will be contacted by the FLM office to provide the personal information required to complete the background checks.