PJ Library Toronto is actively recruiting Young Family Connectors to spark connections between families raising Jewish children, and to create welcoming and inclusive programs for families.
Young Family Connectors will nurture relationships among families, create new, low-barrier Jewish experiences, and provide PJ Library inspired Jewish content to families raising Jewish children (from newborns to 5 years old). These connections will be facilitated through a variety of channels, both in-person and virtual (dependent upon Covid-19 updates), which may include one-on-one parent conversations, small-scale family gatherings, program series, parent only hangouts and more.
The Young Family Connector, using resources from PJ Library will be responsible for creating meaningful Jewish moments for families beyond PJ Library books. This part-time position is flexible and offers a chance to welcome and connect all kinds of families raising Jewish children. The Young Family Connector will be mentored and supported by PJ Library Toronto staff and community members.
A Young Family Connector is:
● Someone who subscribes to PJ Library and lives in the GTA
● A passionate ambassador for PJ Library, sharing PJ Library with all families they encounter
● Excited to meet, welcome, and get to know parents raising Jewish children
● An excellent communicator and listener, and excels at relationship building
● Passionate about Jewish life, and excited to infuse Jewish themes into programs
● Interested in facilitating and participating in new opportunities for peers to meet each other
● Self-motivated, curious and open to new ideas
● Familiar with online communication outlets for parents in their community
● Able to work independently
● Knowledgeable about the local community’s parent resources, both within and outside of the Jewish community. Knows where parents can be found in their neighborhood on a given day of the week.
● Understanding and respectful of the range of Jewish connection and knowledge among parents
● Comfortable utilizing online platforms or willingness to learn new tools
The Young Family Connector will be paid a monthly stipend of $500 and there will be a small budget for program materials.
Parent Connector Responsibilities:
● Create and implement approximately 2-3 activities/gatherings per month (e.g. meet ups at a playground, informal playgroup, library story time, home-hosted series, parents’ night, virtual book clubs, Zoom get togethers, etc.)
● Deepen connections with families through face-to-face meetings (virtual or in person), phone calls, personal emails and social media
● Participate in an orientation session and weekly check in calls with the supervisor
● Actively share the gift of PJ Library with families they encounter
● Collect and maintain contact information for program participants a database system
● Submit data/reports to supervisor
● Available to work flexible schedule including weekends
● Able to represent the community in a professional manner at all times
● Must be able to provide own transportation to events