Antitrust Enforcement Priorities for the Healthcare Industry in 2021
ABA Section of Litigation
Health Law Litigation &
Antitrust Litigation Committees
Thursday, April 29, 2021
9:00-10:00 AM PT | 10:00-11:00 AM MT |
11:00 AM-12:00 PM CT | 12:00-1:00 PM ET
The U.S. Department of Justice and Federal Trade Commission, as well as numerous state attorneys general, have made clear in recent years that antitrust investigations directed to the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries are a clear enforcement priority. Please join our esteemed panelists in this Roundtable as they discuss recent developments in government agency enforcement, the implications of the current government agency focus on antitrust issues in the healthcare and pharma industries, and best practices for both companies and their counsel in addressing these issues.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Recent DOJ indictments concerning no-poach agreements in the healthcare industry
- The antitrust litigation concerning the blockbuster drug Humira® pending in the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals, and the competing amicus briefs submitted by the DOJ and FTC in that action
- Recent enforcement activity directed to anti-steering provisions in hospital contracts.
• Jamie Stilson, Partner, Dorsey & Whitney LLP
• Uriel Rabinovitz, Partner, Lowey Dannenberg, P.C.
• Loren Smith, PhD, Principal, The Brattle Group, Inc.
• Christopher Wilson, Senior Associate, Baker Botts LLP (Moderator)