During 2020, we have witnessed the huge impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. Due to the restrictions, some of you have taken up new hobbies and we’ve noticed some amazing creative social media videos being shared online.
Why not submit your best video to Deaffest’s first ever online-only competition for the Best Short Social Media Video!
The competition will take place on Deaffest’s social media. We will be shortlisting the entries and then the best clip will be voted for by the public.
Submit your best clip for FREE and be in with the chance of winning the Best Short Social Media Video Award and having your clip screened at Deaffest 2022.
Please read the rules on this form carefully before submitting your video.
- Open to those in the UK only.
- Must be produced by a D/deaf person.
- Must be 18 or over to submit.
- Deaffest welcomes clips completed from 1st January 2019 onwards.
- Duration must be 2 minutes or less.
- Must include subtitles, if there is any dialogue.
- Open to short films of any genre, such as animation, drama, comedy, experimental, artistic, etc.
- Please no advertisements.
- No clips produced on third-party social media apps e. g. Facebook live clips, TikTok, IGTV, etc.
- All video content must be your own for copyright reasons, e. g. still or moving images taken from other films/programmes should not be in your video.
- Please select your best video as each participant can only submit ONE video.
- Music/image copyright must be cleared.
- Must be filmed on a smartphone (e.g. iPhone or Android) or tablet but not digital camera, DSLR or GoPro, etc.
- Video can be submitted by WeTransfer (send to firstname.lastname@example.org). An acknowledgement of receipt of will be emailed.
- Must be suitable for ALL ages e.g. no nudity, sexual content, violence, swearing, etc. Please contact us if you need further clarification.
- Please ensure that whilst filming is taking place, you follow the appropriate COVID- 19 rules.
- Due to the number of videos received we will not be able to provide individual feedback.