This is a Release and Waiver of Liability (the "Release") In favor of Habitat for Humanity International, Inc., a nonprofit corporation, and St. Lucie Habitat for Humanity, Inc., a Florida nonprofit corporation, their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, agents, and all of their respective successors and assigns (collectively known as "Habitat").
Volunteer desires to work as a volunteer for Habitat and engage in the activities related to being a volunteer (the "Activities"). Volunteer understands that the Activities may include construction, deconstruction, rehabilitating buildings, working in the Habitat office or ReStore and working at special events.
VOLUNTEER HEREBY freely, voluntarily, and without duress executes this Release pursuant to the following terms:
1. RELEASE AND WAIVER - Volunteer does hereby release and forever discharge and hold harmless Habitat and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind of nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from Volunteer's Activities with Habitat.
Volunteer understands that this Release discharges Habitat from any liability or claim that Volunteer may have against Habitat with respect to any bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from Volunteer's Activities with Habitat, whether caused by the negligence of Habitat or its officers, directors, employees, agents or otherwise.
Volunteer also understands that Habitat does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide financial assistance or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health, or disability insurance in the event of injury or illness.
It is the policy of St. Lucie Habitat for Humanity that children under the age of 16 are not allowed on a Habitat work site while there is construction in progress. Federal regulations prohibit minors between the ages of 14 and 15 from working in general construction, but may participate in other activities. Minors between the ages of 16 and 17 may perform general construction work, but may not engage in certain activities that are considered ultra-hazardous. These activities include the use of power tools & motor vehicles, demolition, roofing, and excavation operation.
2. MEDICAL TREATMENT - Volunteer does hereby release and forever discharge Habitat from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first aid, treatment, or service rendered in connection with Volunteer's Activities with Habitat, or with the decision by any representative or agent of Habitat to exercise the power to consent to medical or dental treatment as such power may be granted and authorized in the Authorization for Treatment.
3. ASSUMPTION OF RISK - Volunteer understands that the Activities include work that may be hazardous to Volunteer, including, but not limited to, construction, rehabilitation, loading and unloading, transportation to and from the work sites, and consuming donated meals and snacks. Volunteer hereby expressly and specifically assumes the risk of injury or harm in the Activities and releases Habitat from all liability for injury, illness, and death or property damage resulting from the Activities.
4. INSURANCE - Volunteer understands that, except as otherwise agreed to by Habitat in writing, Habitat does not provide, carry, or maintain health, medical, travel, disability, or other insurance coverage for any Volunteer. Each Volunteer is expected and encouraged to obtain his or her own medical or health insurance coverage.
5. PHOTOGRAPHIC RELEASE - Volunteer does hereby grant and convey unto Habitat all rights, title and interest in any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by Habitat during Volunteer's Activities with Habitat, including, but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.
6. OTHER - Volunteer expressly agrees that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Florida, and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida. Volunteer agrees that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release which shall continue to be enforceable.
Please go online to the following link to complete our recommended safety training: http://hfhafflliateinsurance.com/volunteers/
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, Volunteer has read, understood, and executed this Release as of the date first above written.