The Centennial High School Boosters PTA Performing Arts & Visual Arts scholarship is a one-time $500 scholarship awarded to each of two qualified students who plan to study or participate in performing or visual arts after graduation. Preference will be given to applicants who intend to pursue a major or minor in performing arts or visual arts in college.
ELIGIBILITY: The scholarship will be awarded based on the following criteria. PLEASE BE SURE YOU HAVE ALL THE MATERIALS OUTLINED BELOW BEFORE SUMITTING YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION.
1. Academic Record: The applicant must have a 3.0 or higher cumulative grade point average at the time of application.
2. Participation in Performing Arts or Visual Arts (instrumental music, vocal music, theatre, dance or any visual art): The applicant must meet the following:
Participated for at least two years in Centennial’s performing arts or visual arts programs
Participated in performing arts or visual arts at Centennial during their senior year
Plans to participate in performing or visual arts or to further education thereof in college
3. Leadership: The applicant should have participated in extracurricular activities at Centennial outside of performing arts or visual arts, as well as community-related activities.
4. Citizenship: The applicant must be cooperative, honest, courteous, and must demonstrate good character.
5. The applicant must be a senior at Centennial High School.
6. The applicant must be attending higher education in the fall term of 2021. The scholarship is to be used towards the applicant’s higher education.
7. The applicant must submit the Performing Arts & Visual Arts Scholarship Application Form below, including a short (500 words) essay: How have the performing or visual arts shaped you and your plans for your future?”
8. The applicant must have two recommendations. One must be from a member of the Centennial performing arts or visual arts faculty. The second should be from outside the performing arts and visual arts faculty; it can be from a Centennial teacher or staff member, or from someone outside of Centennial.