By signing below, Landlord certifies:
1. The Tenant named in this Application is one of the persons that has occupied the Unit identified above and for which assistance is being requested.
2. Landlord is not requesting assistance for any month of assistance prior to March 13, 2020.
3. Landlord must accept payment from the Pike County ERAP program via paper check made out to the individual or entity legally permitted to collect rent on the unit identified above.
4. Landlord will not seek to obtain other assistance for the same Unit listed above and for the same
months of rent or rental arrears covered by this assistance, and that to the extent any such assistance is received, Landlord will report this assistance to Pike County Department of Human Services within 10 calendar days.
5. Landlord attests that the information provided in the Application regarding the terms of the lease/rental agreement with the Tenant are true and accurate, including monthly rent amount, total amount of past due rent, utilities paid for by landlord, current status of tenancy of applicant.
6. If the written lease or oral agreement is expired or will expire during period covered by this assistance, Landlord will enter into a new written lease or extend the current lease with Tenant for a monthly payment amount no greater than the monthly amount for the expired or expiring lease or agreement, for a time period at least equal to the period covered by the rent assistance. The new lease may not increase or impose other fees or charges not allowed under the current lease or oral agreement with the tenant, including but not limited to pet rent or trash pick-up. The Landlord may continue to charge all costs, expenses, and fees including but not limited to utility charges if allowed under the original lease.
7. Landlord hereby releases the Tenant and Tenant's Household from payment liability for any rent for the time period covered by the assistance actually received by the Landlord. The Landlord will not evict the tenant for any reason that predates the acceptance of the funds or for any reason related to rent or fees during the time period covered by the funds and will not evict the Tenant for a nonmonetary default during the time period covered by the rental assistance actually received, except for actions or breaches of the lease that are related to criminal activity, property damage or physical harm to others. Nothing in this certification shall waive a Landlord's right to file an eviction based on a nonmonetary default that occurs after the expiration of the time period covered by the rental assistance actually
8. If the Owner is a different legal entity than the Landlord, Landlord or Landlord's Agent certifies it has the legal authority to enter into this agreement, and if an Agent is executing this form, documentation of agency is attached.
9. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this certification, the Landlord shall have the right to terminate participation in the program at any time prior to receiving assistance.
10. The information provided is true, accurate, and complete, and if requested, Landlord is able to provide further documentation to support any representations.
EMERGENCY RENTAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM - LANDLORD ATTESTATION
By signing below, I acknowledge and understand that providing a written false statement which I do not believe to be true to the Pike County Department of Human Services is a misdemeanor of the third degree and is punishable as perjury under Title 18, Pa C.S. Section 4904, relating to unsworn falsification to authorities, and that in addition to any other penalty that may be imposed, a person convicted under this section shall be sentenced to pay a fine of at least $1,000.