RULES AND REGULATIONS
Sullivan Square applicants must read the following rules and regulations and initial each to verify acceptance:
1. ___ Rental agent. Sullivan Square, 710 High Street Baldwin City, Kansas, is a public facility of the City of Baldwin City. Sullivan Square may be rented for private events in accordance with the terms of this agreement. The rental agent designated by the city manager is the Baldwin City Recreation Commission. Information regarding the rental of Sullivan Square may be obtained by contacting the Baldwin City Recreation Commission at (785)594-3670 during regular business hours or emailing email@example.com
2. ____ Reservations. The use of Sullivan Square is determined on a first come, first served basis. Dates will not be reserved, and reservations are not confirmed until this agreement is completed and signed by both parties and all appropriate fees have been paid.
3. ____ Eligibility. Renter shall be at least twenty-one (21) years of age and must be on-site during the activity. BCRC may refuse to rent Sullivan Square if in the judgment of BCRC the planned event is likely to draw a crowd too large for the facility, damage the facility, or create conditions that will disturb the neighborhood, or if Renter has previously rented Sullivan Square and has not complied with the terms of the rental agreement. In the granting or refusing of rental agreements, BCRC shall not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, color, sex, disability, ancestry, national origin, or age.
4. ____ Rental fees and additional charges. The rental fee and deposit must be agreed upon in advance, at the time of making the reservation. Additional charges may be assessed for property damages or occupancy beyond the agreed time. Renter shall pay all charges in excess of the deposit within seven (7) days prior to the event. If Renter violates any of the terms or conditions of this agreement, BCRC shall have the right to immediately terminate without notice or refund, and the Baldwin City Recreation Commission may pursue all of its rights and remedies including, without limitation, the right to recover court costs and attorney fees. The deposit will be paid before the reservation is complete.
5. ____ Cancellations and Refunds. Renters may cancel or reschedule the date of their event within two (2) months of the event with no cancellation charge with 100% reimbursement of deposit. Renter will receive 50% of their deposit back for any event cancelled less than two months (60 days), up to two (2) weeks prior to the event. Deposit will be forfeited for any event cancelled two weeks or less prior to the event. Rental fees will not be refunded unless notice of cancellation is given to BCRC at least 72 hours in advance of the scheduled time of the event (not including deposit).
6. ____ Alcoholic beverages. Alcoholic beverages may be served or consumed at Sullivan Square only if a license or a temporary permit for the serving of alcoholic beverages at the event has been approved by BCRC and issued by the City.
7. ____ Restricted access. For private events, access to Sullivan Square may be restricted by signage or such other means as BCRC finds appropriate. Any barrier or boundary marker that Renter may desire in order to further restrict use of Sul- livan Square must be approved in advance by BCRC.
8. ___ Behavior. BCRC reserves the right to control all Sullivan Square activities and eject any person who conducts themselves in an inappropriate manner or fails to observe the requirements of this agreement. Renter is responsible to see that all activities are appropriately controlled, and all rules are observed by those present.
9. ____ Renter's property. BCRC and the City shall assume no responsibility for any property placed on or in Sullivan Square or other park facilities and grounds.
10. ____ Weather. It is Renter's responsibility to make provisions for rain or severe weather. BCRC reserves the right to terminate an activity due to inclement weather that could pose a hazard to the guests, performers, staff, or the facilities.
11. ____ Use. Any group using the facility will return it to the same condition as prior to rental. No decorative or other materials shall be nailed, tacked, screwed or otherwise physically attached to any part of Sullivan Square without permission from BCRC.
12. ____ Equipment. All equipment used in conjunction with the activity must be free standing. Anchoring is not permitted.
13. ____ Grass/Turf Spaces. To protect underground water systems and the condition of the lawn, locates must be conducted prior to any driving stakes for tents. The placement of equipment in lawn areas needs to be approved in writing prior to the event by BCRC.
14. ____ Hours. Due to the location of the facility and the importance of maintaining positive relationships with our neighbors, all private activities at Sullivan Square may not begin until 8:00 a.m. and must end by 10:00 p.m. Sunday -Thursday and 11:00 P.M. Friday and Saturday. Extensions of operating hours may be granted at the discretion of BCRC if requested in advance.
15. ____ Food and drink restrictions. BCRC reserves the right to prohibit outside food/drink on Sullivan Square during specified events that have provided concessions. Renter’s rules with respect to prohibiting food and drink need to be approved in advance in writing. Grills need a drip pan to prevent from grease stains.
16. ____ Chaperons. Renter agrees to provide a minimum of one adult chaperone for every twenty (20) minors. Chaperons must be parents of minors present or adults 21 years of age or over. Chaperones must always be present.
17. ____ Trash. Renter is responsible for the collecting and bagging of all paper, trash, and debris resulting from their use of Sullivan Square. Renter needs to place appropriate trash liners in each trash can after cleaning up. Trash bags are provided. If such cleanup is not completed immediately following the event, BCRC reserves the right to remove all such items and to charge a fee of $40 per hour of cleanup, which may be collected from the deposit or otherwise collected from Renter.
18. ____ Control not exclusive. Renter shall permit access to the premises without charge to any law enforcement officer or any employee or agent of the BCRC or the City of Baldwin City.