VENDOR INFORMATION AND GUIDELINES
Please keep for your reference
Please read this vendor information carefully. Confirmations will be sent via email. Finalized site plans will be sent at a later date.
• Event will be held, rain or shine, on Saturday, June 17, 2023 at Civic Center Park, 360 W. 13 Mile Road, Madison Heights, MI 48071.
• Vendor booths are $50 for a 10' x 10' space and $75 for a 10' x 20' space. Food trucks are $100. A late registration fee of $15 will be applied after May 15, 2023, provided there is space available. Registered 501(c)(3) non-profits please contact us for rate information and availablity at email@example.com or via our Facebookpage https://www.facebook.com/MHJuneteenth
• All vendor spaces will be assigned before set up. Please provide your own table,chairs and tent (if required) for set-up. All fees are non-refundable.
• All food vendors are responsible for providing their own electrical power and water.
• Insurance coverage: Each vendor is responsible for his/her own insurance coverage. Neither the City of Madison Heights, nor Madison Heights Citizens United will be responsible for personal injury, loss, or theft of property.
• Once your vendor application has been approved balances and all required documents must be received within 3 days. Send payments to Madison Heights Citizens United, P.O. Box 71276, Madison Heights, MI 48071 or pay online.
• Vendors will not be allowed to pay at the festival site.
1. The monies received from this application will go directly toward costs associated with producing this festival. ***Please note that any/all monies received from vendors wishing to participate in the Madison Heights Juneteenth Festival who cancel before the start of the festival will not receive a refund.
2. The Juneteenth Committee reserves the right to limit the number of vendors selling similar items or services.
3. This event will be held rain or shine.
4. Applications will be accepted through May 15, 2023, or until all spaces have been filled.
5. Each vendor booth space is 10' by 10'. Any tent used must be enclosed in the assigned space. All vendors must occupy the space provided and specified by the Juneteenth Committee. The Juneteenth Committee will manage all space assignments.
6. Exhibitors must provide their own table(s), chairs, and set-ups. Space dividers are not provided. Pop up canopies may be erected. All tents and coverings must be weighted to prevent their becoming airborne in the event of windy conditions. These must be securely anchored with sandbags or weights. All tents, coverings and vendor sales areas will be inspected for safety prior to the opening of the event. Electricity is not provided. You must provide your own generators.
7. Vendor participants shall not sublet space to anyone else, nor allow a non-profit agent to share a space.
8. When completing your application, please include a DAYTIME telephone number where you can be reached prior to the event and a MOBILE telephone number where you can be reached during the event; should we need to contact you in case of emergency. Please describe all the items that you intend to sell and please be as detailed as possible in your description. Vendors are not permitted to sell anything with vulgar, offensive language or gestures. This includes tee shirts, pictures, mugs, posters, audio tapes, video tapes, etc.
9. Vendor participants shall not display, offer for view, or sell any illegal or contraband items at the Juneteenth Festival. The laws of the state of Michigan and local ordinances of the City of Madison Heights and Oakalnd County shall control the regulation of such illegalities. Vendors shall not sell items that are unlicensed and/or copies/interpretations of licensed or registered items.
10. Authorized Juneteenth personnel and/or Madison Heights Police have the right to close down any vendor as directed by the Juneteenth Committee or Oakland County Health Dept. They reserve the right to escort vendors from the festival who are not in compliance with Festival Rules and Regulations.
11. All concessionaires will stop selling and close down at 6:00 PM. The City of Madison Heights is not responsible for any merchandise or equipment left by vendors. (Times are subject to change). Vendors are responsible for the clean-up of their area.
12. All vendors are personally responsible for the collection, reporting and remittance of sales tax as required by the Michigan Department of Treasury. The City of Madison Heights assumes no responsibility regarding the collection, reporting and/or remittance of sales tax for sales by vendors.
13. All food trucks must supply a copy of their mobile food service license.
14. By participating in this event, you release and forever discharge the City of Madison Heights and Madison Heights Citizens United and all sponsoring organizations and their elected officials, directors, employees, agents and volunteers from any responsibility, personal liability, or claims of loss or damage. The City of Madison Heights nor Madison Heights Citizens United are responsible for any injury sustained by vendors, their personnel, or guests. Neither Madison Heights Citizens United or The City of Madison Heights will be held liable/responsible for lost, stolen or damaged goods/products. I have received no promises regarding guaranteed income, placement, or event attendance oral or written other than stated herein.
Vendor Set-Up Schedule
Saturday: Set-up 9:00 AM through 11:15 AM. Vehicles must be off the grounds by 11:30 AM. No vehicles will be permitted back onto the grounds until after 6:30 PM
If you need to move materials to/from your vendor space between the above load-in and load-out times, you will need to do so by hand or with the aid of a small hand truck or cart.