Thank you for your interest in presenting at the All Youth Connecting Forum. Please visit the website for more information about the convening, NYEC, and our network. We welcome proposals broadly related to improving the lives of marginalized young adults across the nation. We especially welcome current or former opportunity youth to propose sessions and attend the conference.
Sessions will be 50 minutes in length, conduced through Zoom, and hosted on the award-winning
Sessions are meant to emphasize peer-learning and discussion. Slides should be used to a limited extent. Please make time for interactive use of polls, resource-sharing, share-outs, and/or breakout groups.
Young-adult presenters (16-24 years old) will receive a $50 gift card.
Due to the relatively small size of the convening, there is no discount for presenters. If this presents an obstacle for presenting please contact
We seek sessions across several strands. If your idea doesn't fit below, choose "Other" and propose away!
1. Navigating the POST-COVID19 Workplace/Economy: How is your program navigating reopening? What will the youth labor market in your area look like after the pandemic? What does an equitable recovery look like for your program or community?
2. Career Readiness and Work Experience: What are you learning about virtual internships? What program adaptations during the pandemic will become permanent? How are employer needs changing, post-pandemic?
3. Staff Development & Retention: How are you preventing staff burnout and turnover? What capacity building opportunities do you need?
4. Policy, Advocacy & Organizing: What federal, state, or local policies are most needed for the young people your program serves? How are you sustaining advocacy or organizing efforts after the pandemic?
5. Mental Health/Trauma: How are you prioritizing mental health as an organization, for staff and young people? Are there pandemic-era practices that will become permanent? What support do you need in this area?
6. Youth-Led: We seek sessions led by young people, either within the strands above or not.
7. Other: If your idea falls outside the above strands, please describe it below.
Examples of Past Sessions:
How to Help Youth Sustain Job Search For the Long Haul
Students as Education Research Partners: Results from Kentucky’s Coping with COVID Student-Led Study
Advancing Youth FinCap: Basic Income and Financial Mentoring
Graffiti to Architecture
Using Social Media as a Tool to Help Youth Recover and Heal from the COVID-19 Pandemic
Inspiring HOPE: Strategic Programming for Black and Brown Men
Please note that all proposals will be peer-reviewed by the Planning Commmittee and accepted on a rolling-basis. Proposals are due by May 3, 2021.
If you have any questions or require further clarification, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.