Benevolence Health Program for 2021 Race Meet at
Remington Park, Will Rogers Downs and Fair Meadows
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Must be licensed by OHRC for participation in the actual racing activities on the backside of an OK racetrack (example: Trainer, owner-trainer, owner, rider, exercise rider, groom, jockey agent, and backside track employees such as paddock judge, entry clerks, gate crew, etc.) from the racetrack. Only dependents in the immediate family of an eligible beneficiary are eligible for consideration of benefits. All eligible beneficiaries MUST have participated in a live race meet during the current or immediate past year unless approved for an exception. Exceptions may be considered and approved by the OQHRA Board of Directors. Horsemen opting out of OQHRA participation are not eligible for benefits during that meet. Horsemen submitting requests for reimbursement must submit original paid receipts for services.
NOTE: Preference will be given for those in need who cannot pay for them or would otherwise go without a necessary service. This service is not health insurance. This program is a tool to help the horsemen's representative and the chaplain assist those who are in need. Please help us avoid abuse of this system so that funds will be available for those who need the help! *Some services are not automatically approved on an annual basis and may be subject to approval of treatment plan or doctors recommendation
1. Requests for reimbursement with PAID RECEIPTS are requested within 90 days of service.
2. With exception for emergency scenarios, the total payment on all applications for aid shall not exceed the applicant's annual individual limits set forth below.
2. The OQHRA may choose to increase these limits in case of emergency.
3. These respective limits are subject to review by the Horsemen's Benevolence Committee or OQHRA Board.
4. Applications for Aid not fully funded during a calendar year may be resubmitted between November 1st and December 15th, of the current year, for reconsideration based on funds available.
ANNUAL LIMIT: (applies to multiple claims in a calendar year)
Individual Maximum - $3,500.00 includes eyeglasses and dental
Family Maximum - $4,000.00
Death Benefit - up to $2,000 .00 (unless approved for exception must be paid to service provider)
1. Each Application for Aid $1,500.00 or less: FULL AMOUNT
2. Each Application for Aid more than $1,500.00: FIRST $1,500.00 plus 50% of Remainder (rounded to nearest dollar) to the maximum annual limit.
3. Each Application for Aid for Eye Glasses: $350.00
4. Each Application for Dental: NOT TO EXCEED $1,000.00, unless specific treatment plan is approved by OQHRA. Annual Cleaning is not covered in dental benefit.
Send to : Benevolence Administrator: OQHRA PO Box 2907 Edmond, OK 73083 Monica.S@oqhra.com
Or give to any OQHRA Director or Staff Person.